May 25, 2016, 03:51:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Next One ?  (Read 100980 times)

prkjava

Re: The Next One ?
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2015, 06:08:04 pm »
Yes, Arturia should continue making virtual synth. They anticipate artist needs well. The next synth should be TONTO.

matjones

• Apprentice
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2016, 02:53:02 pm »
Casio VL Tone?  ::)

LBH

« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2016, 01:20:45 am »
My votes in priority:

1. Roland Super JX-10 with PG-800 programmer - Currently there is no soft synth that sound like this at all. So smooth sounding. Especially the voices, strings and pad sounds. (Alternative Roland JD-800 but it's newer and digital i think.)
2. Roland VP-330/ SVC-350
3. Roland SH-1000 - A little innovative simple synth with unique sound.

All 3 is a good package.

A really good emulation of them all is missing. Those that exist don't do the sound emulation well enough.

The most important thing about a comming emulation is it sound unique. Too many synths sound too much alike. No need to have many synth, if they all sound alike and don't have a special unique sound.

Xtra:

Also the modules for Moog modular that make Tangerine Dream Sequencer Racheting possible is missing. In my book it's a trademark.

Audio input for SEM is missing.

Improovements of all the Analog Classics. Perhaps especially in the sound emulations to make the characteristic unique sounds special for the individual synths. But other things can be improoved too.

matjones

• Apprentice
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:31 am »
What about Arturia diversifying slightly and doing an FX plugin? .......... Something completely insane (you French guys are seriously good at doing weird and crazy ;) ) like something out of the Publison Infernal Machine range?................. before the likes of UA or Waves decide to do it.....

LBH

« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2016, 02:41:46 am »
It looks like Xils-Lab have a Roland VP-330 emulation. But it unfortunately uses iLoc or eLicenser. Can't tell about how well it emulate.

It looks like UVI has a Roland JX-10P emulation that don't seem to be a good emulation and unfortunately uses iLoc. It can be done a lot better.

There is a free JX-8P from developer Martin Lüders. That do it very good i think even if it's not 100%. But something to refere to and perhaps a developer to work with on a JX-10P.
This Jx-8P is not a JX-10P. It lacks the layering and the speciel Chase function and the sequencer. Also the JX-10P has some playmodes not needed in JX-8P.
Also the Jx-8P might lack support over time, as it's a free synth.

Still the digital JD-800 both could be an alternative and another synth to emulate even if it's digital.

I can't find a Roland SH-1000 emulation.

It's hard to find synths to emulate if they have to be analog, vintage and perhaps not made allready in a okay version at least. I think it should have it's own sound.
But if possible the JWM Electronics thunderchild used on Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds album could be fun because only a few was made.
Also Con Brio ADS 200 if possible could be fun i guess.
Perhaps also: Korg Sigma, Farfisa Polychrome and/ or Soundmaker, and Moog Prodigy as i like it but perhaps it's to similar to the Mini V and Memory moog may not add that much to Arturia's products, Formanta Polivoks do have some power.

Improvements of existing Arturia synths is allways good.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:56:47 pm by LBH »

crystalmsc

• Apprentice
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:10 am »
What about Arturia diversifying slightly and doing an FX plugin?
Great suggestion, I found the fx in Spark 2 to be rather nice. A modular fx processor like the Eventide H3000 Factory would be great.
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums, V Collection 4, MiniBrute

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines