March 28, 2024, 06:36:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pink Floyd Presets  (Read 26704 times)

DCrystal

Pink Floyd Presets
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:08:10 am »
Hey,

Does anyone have a patch or know how to create both the synth solo's from Shine On You Crazy Diamond? I'm not very knowledgeable when dealing with brass.

I am also trying to create the arpeggiated section around the 0:20 second mark of In the Flesh?
Any suggestions?

I have created some other Floyd patches if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
D

pedrosura

Re: Pink Floyd Presets
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:03:30 am »
I posted opne in the preset zone. See if it is wht you like. I wish people would post quick preset with stuff they have made. Cheers...

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:55:17 am »
I have fair start to the shine on horn sound. It took a few tries all of which are included. Mac

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:46:25 pm »
I have fair start to the shine on horn sound. It took a few tries all of which are included. Mac

How can i come to use this on a windows mini V?
Never had this problem before.

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 01:34:03 am »
None of these are perfect - but I'll investigate the windows thing. This is just the file I get when i export the bank on a Mac.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 02:45:43 am »
None of these are perfect - but I'll investigate the windows thing. This is just the file I get when i export the bank on a Mac.

Hi,

Thanks. Also for posting presets.

A thought: Did you eksport the bank from standalone or from a vst inside a DAW? Maybe that can has something to do with it. I believe windows and mac use the same minibank files.

Also i've seen you minibank file name has the ending ..minibank..minibank. That's two times two dots minibank. Why is it so? It should be .minibank. That's one dot minibank.

i've tried to change the filename, and also to resave and reeksport. Still the same issue.
My controler can not control mini v with your presets loaded.

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 03:09:03 am »
I exported from standalone.

I did have a midi config set for my controllers but I thought that was a separate export and would not have any impact on the preset export.

I have exported just the patch rather than a bank, and have put it in my drop-box rather than attaching it. Let me know how you go. This patch is one of several versions, and not necessarily the best at present

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxj22yord708p5i/NeilShineLead.minibank?dl=0

Cheers
N
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:16:54 am by neilwal »

LBH

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:16:34 am »
Hi again,

Saw there was a new bank uploaded in your post. The one i had had a name with horn attemps.
Now it's eksperiments.

In The new upload bank i am able to use 3 presets, but the same issue as before remain for the others.
I can use default 2, and 2 named presets in the second subbank. One named Neil perfect shine and one neil shine horn. Thanks.

I've changed the filename to .minibank.

So the minibank file in mac and windows is the same i would say, but something odd is going on as most of the presets don't work.

Also i'm now able to play other presets with your bank loaded. That i could'nt with the last one. Do you have bugs? PC troubles?

Hope you can use this info.

Do others experience the same as i do?

Was warned as i posted.
You had posted as i wrote. I think maybe your midi config save is the trouble.

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 03:19:20 am »
hehe

No bugs I'm aware of but it's certainly screwy on the Mac with the default export names.

Sent up a single patch - just trying to make the dropbox link work (see my last post for the attachment/address - I edited it.)

What controller do you use?

Cheers
N

PS - thanks for the info!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxj22yord708p5i/NeilShineLead.minibank?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:22:18 am by neilwal »

LBH

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 08:29:03 pm »
Hi Neilwal,

Thanks for your efforts.

I use Novation SL MK II controler with keys. I don't think that's the issue as it works fine with other minibanks. And as i wrote, then it worked fine again as soon i deleted your bank again. It's a mystery to me. Maybe an Arturia technician can tell what's going on?

When i try to download from your dropbox they want me to sign up. I won't.

Never mind. I have the 3 presets i wrote about. Thanks.
Have'nt tried them out properly yet.

Cheers

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »
I'm about to receive a Zero Sl Mk II and will see if I have the same issue when it arrives. Could be AutoMap.

A single patch is attached to this message. You should not have needed to sign up to dropbox - it should have just let you download.

All the best

N

LBH

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 11:23:42 pm »
Thanks.

No never had to sign up for dropbox to download. Maybe a new policy.

Automap is not used in stand alone mode. It's midi templates.
Anyway still some midi config if that's the issue. But as some presets  like the 3 i could use work now, then the midi config should be in the preset settings as other presets did'nt work in that bank either, and then it should not affect all my other presets. It's a mystery to me a minibank totally disconnect a controller to all presets in the synth. And it's a mystery some preset's now works and others don't.
I guess you have the latest Mini V update. The first in the download center had preset and bank issues.

Good luck with your Zero.

Have downloaded from your last post. I will try that preset too.

All the best to you too.

L

LBH

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »
Hi N,

Just wan't to inform you, that the lasr sound/ bank in your last post NeilShineLead.minibank  also don't work. The same issue as i described.
I see the name is .minibank now.
i'm still puzzled. In example Musicrow's banks works well by me.

Cheers
L

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 01:33:00 am »
I take it these presets only work on the full blown version and not on the Analog Experience, The Laboratory 49?
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

neilwal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:17:48 pm »
That's right - Unless you own the MiniV product you cannot save, import and export. :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines