April 19, 2024, 04:10:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patch Change From Keyboard  (Read 2329 times)

steveecrane

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Patch Change From Keyboard
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:27:12 am »
Folks,

OK, my questions may well appear naïve, or obvious, or incredulous to some  ??? ... but I have some less-than-straightforward issues and would rather ask and be laughed :-[ at than not ask at all  :-X :

1)  I've started to use the JP8V live (either within Steinberg's V-Stack, Native Instrument's Kore 2, standalone, or even from within "SAVI Host", and simply need to know how to remotely effect Patch Changes within the Jupiter 8V? 

I simply do not want my laptop anywhere near my keyboard set-up, nor do I want to be using a mouse and/or touch-pad in poor lighting on-stage!

My CME UF8, UF80 and UF70 can remotely change patches on all my other soft synths ... just not this plug-in! :o What's up?  What can I do?  Where's the issue?  Am I missing something?

2)  Also, is there a low-power (CPU) mode which can be switched on at the expense of sound quality, á la Native Instrument's Massive, et al?  This would go almost unnoticed live ... and probably encourage me to use it more  :P .

3)  Am I alone in not being able to 'import' the JP8V's patches into NI's Kore 2? :'( In fact, am I alone in having 'stability' problems with this VSTi in Kore? >:( OK, Kore has had its issues previously - and certainly has never lived up to NI's hype - but Arturia's plug-in is the only one which has all-too-common issues! :(

4)  Do all the Arturia VSTi's save their patch information in a 'weird' format/manner?  I'm having problems managing my banks and patches, whereas Korg's Legacy, GMedia's impOSCar, Spectrasonic's Atmosphere, and almost all of NI's Komplete range seem absolutely fine/normal in this respect!

Any and all advice welcomed and gratefully received.  ;)

Kind regards,

Steve.
Cheers,

Steve E Crane

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines