April 20, 2024, 09:48:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Joysticks, modulation and stuff that EMS did so well  (Read 2915 times)

philmoakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Joysticks, modulation and stuff that EMS did so well
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:04:15 am »
I'm really tempted by the Origin. Everything I read and hear sounds great. However I still haven't heard any demos that showcase the use of the VCOs and filters for pure electronic sounds. How flexible is the modulation ? Can I string together some of ARP stuff and get it to sing & groan. In my ideal world I'd like the Origin to be a VCS3, but since that's not in the box, does it give me the modular flexibility to apply similar approaches to sound sculpting with lets say an ARP2600 or the Mg Modular. The joystick looks as though it can provide the control, but if I want dripping lasers with filter sweeps will it provide the means to make those sort of patches ?

This is about the only reservation that I have and, if it does that OK, then my £1900 will be in the post next week !!

Sweep

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:59:02 pm »
Hi, Phil. I'll be interested in the reply to this as well. :D

A note to Arturia: I'd be happy to supply 2600V or MMV modulation patches to try out in Origin if this isn't the kind of thing you've programmed, to save time replying to this question.

philmoakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:56:07 pm »
Hi Sweep,

Can't be that many Sweeps around, so I guess you're the same Sweep that haunts 'another forum' regularly - and we pretty much have similar conversations there.

I'm narrowing it all down in the quest for The Synth. I've got one more AKS lead to follow up on, Starcruiser's option on Analogue Systems EMS modules and Origin. Sometime in the next few weeks I'll have to make a decision. Trouble is, Origin (if it can do the business) has Mg, ARP and more all in one box, so seems like a no brainer. But, if it can't do the bleeps and boosters in the way that I want to hear them, then probably need a different solution. Of course, could always go for both ...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines