March 28, 2024, 01:45:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different Sound: Analog Factory / Jupiter 8 V  (Read 3501 times)

humanray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Different Sound: Analog Factory / Jupiter 8 V
« on: April 26, 2008, 01:30:35 pm »
Why do most of the Jupiter 8V Presets sound like there is Modulation applied?
I found this very anyoing and installed the Jupiter 8V Demo to compare both. Now I wonder why both sound even more different.
E.G. If one load up JMB_Full PAD on AF its obvious that the Effect Stage ist not the same as in the same Preset on Jupiter 8V.
But If you turn of all the effects the Jupiter 8 sounds smoother and more silky. AND AF Sounds like Modulationwheel is turned up a bit.
Whats the problem there?
Is it an early version of the Jupiter 8 Engine working in the AF?

humanray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:31:33 am »
Come on guys, 48 Views and no answer from a Moderator or Techie.

Did nobody experience the Modulation-like-sound with the Jupiter 8V Presets in Analog Factory?

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »
Yo,
The sound engine strictly is the same BUT some modulations, especially MIDI synced ones, might not behave exactly the same. Then slight differences may occur.
ex-Arturian

humanray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 05:12:43 pm »
Thank you for the info.
But the Effectsection of the Jupiter 8V also seems to be different than the JP8 Engine in the Analog Factory. Just Chorus and Delay available.

It would be very nice from Arturia if they fix this in an Future update.
I had the imidiate feeling that the Jupiter 8 Presets in the AF are weaker than the other Engines (they also have a lower output volume). Specially the Modulation which cannot be turned off is very anyoing.

But anyway - thumbs up for a this great piece of Software. Most of the Presets are Killer.

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Different Sound: Analog Factory / Jupiter 8 V
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »
Hi.
I am interested in AF too, but I had the same inpresson on MMV sounds, a kind of strange vibrato where it shouldn't be... I don't get rid of the suspicion that AF is not quite the same as an assembly of the latest versions of individual products and maybe thats one reason (among others) why we can't import sounds from full line products into AF...???

It looks a bit like a mess that things are not compatible between each other...  >:(
Best regards, TiUser

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Different Sound: Analog Factory / Jupiter 8 V
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:25 am »
I know, right? Low volume, & strange sounds. Since it is same sound engine, please send us more, or better presets.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines