April 19, 2024, 06:11:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Factory Experience a buggy one  (Read 2913 times)

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Factory Experience a buggy one
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:25:58 am »
I bought and installed AFE a few days ago, running into the same installation problems already well-documented on this forum. SOmehow, after a couple of reinstalls and a lot of patience, I was able to get the licensing program to open and registered my software. Kind of annoying.

But then I got into it. Really great sounds and a lot of options. Exactly what a non-tweaker like me was looking for.

Now, I'm going through all the sounds and picking my favorites when a new bug develops- you could see it and you can definitely hear it- every four seconds or so, the Mod wheel moves jerkily and there is a short hickup in the longer sustained sounds. I've restarted and the problem comes back. I cannot figure it out.

Does anyone else share my experience?

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:37:24 pm »
The Mod wheel bug seems to have worked itself out while I was sleeping.

When I fired AFE up this morning, the jitters were gone. But then as I was playing with it, the bug came back. It's a malfunction of the keyboard- when I use the Mod wheel, the bug comes back a third of the time. Last night, it wouldn't go away and I had to shut down. Today I was able to work it out by tweaking the wheel a little, like it was a cheap piece of equipment from the seventies. Is that part of the vibe?

Not my idea of quality hardware, but if I can control it, I can live with that. The sounds in the program are great.

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:03:38 am »
Returned AF - shite, 2 authorisation codes did not work, zero support :evil:. So no news :roll:
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:11:41 am »
It's too bad that a company that has such a quality product would distribute it in such a haphazard way and not be there to support it.

humanray

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:25:46 am »
I had a couple of crashes while switching through sounds. I have the feeling it happens when i switch to Prophet V presets and i press a note on the keyboard to early while switching through sounds.

Maybe it could be a Syncrosoft issue as I had a similar behaviour with early cubase 4 versions while opening windows.

But anyway - when AF hangs up and crashes Cubase I would call it a bug. Okay I can try not to press any key for some seconds when switching through sounds - but its anyoing. So maybe some techs could look at it. I'm on PC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines