March 29, 2024, 07:28:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: transfering analog factory 2 to another computer  (Read 2417 times)

djim

transfering analog factory 2 to another computer
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:32:18 pm »
hi all. this is my first post, and  after looking through a  number of other previous posts from people on the list, i'm seeing a pattern of discontentment with arturia's ability to answer customer's questions, so i'll see if anyone out here can help with my situation.

firstly, i recently purchased an mbox2 factory bundled w/ ignition pack, which contains analog factory le or similar. it was amazing and i wanted to upgrade, which i did. when i received it, i followed all the directions, including getting the most recent version of syncrosoft's software and i had no problems getting the license recognized, etc. my problems began when i attempted to instantiate analog factory into a track on protools le 7.4 and received a message:

"the plug in could not be made active because a DAE error was encountered (error #-7125)"

now what i failed to mention to you, was that i'm running protools le on an older 12" mac powerbook g4. this isn't my main computer nor is it my main daw. i bought this for an upcoming audio recording program i'm taking and wanted to get a headstart in protools.
according to the analog factory package, this computer is not up to snuff, as it only has a 1 ghz processor and requires 1.5ghz. so my question to them was whether or not this fact was what caused this particular error message or if it was something else altogether? obviously, i should have done my homework before i installed it into this computer.

i sent a query to arturia regarding this as well as to the digidesign users group and digidesign, but the user's group didn't give me info i needed and haven't heard back from either company yet (i noticed on arturia's site, that they've posted an excuse for their lack of timely response).

so it's been several days since i sent in my questions to them and no response and since i have a perfectly good macbook pro w/ a 2.4 ghz processor running digital performer 5.13, i thought i might simply just transfer my license and software for  analog factory 2 over to it and use it in dp instead, and run the original version that came with my mbox bundle on the g4 laptop w/ protools le.

so, longwindedly, i am asking if anyone out here has any idea how to successfully transfer the syncrosoft license from one computer to another? i checked in the help section of syncrosoft wizard and it doesn't mention that at all, but does mention how to transfer to a dongle, which isn't what i want to do. there's not info in the knowledge base at arturia either, so i figured this might be a last good bet.

thanks in advance.
djim

MichaelA

Same here
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 06:07:59 am »
I installed Analog Factory on my MacBook Pro and then my son's laptop died, and I need to give him my laptop. I moved the software to a Mac Pro, but I want to move the license to that machine. I see no reason to use an elicenser as I don't want to use the software on both machines, but only ONE machine. AF will be removed from the MacBook Pro as he has no need for it.

Doesn't seem to be a way to do this. And Arturia has not answered my email. I guess I'll try again. Unfortunately it's too late to send AF back to AudioMidi.

Michael

djim

response
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:05:16 pm »
so i have received a response from arturia regarding this problem, unfortunately, they can't verify the error code causing it, but they did at least answer my question regarding transferring the license to the other computer... it's a bit annoying to purchase a product and have to do the transfer because of  incompatibility, but it's really annoying to also have to purchase a elicense key dongle just to do this, why put a credit card licenser in the box when they could have just as easily put a dongle in there and saved everyone a big hassle?

so anyway, you can only transfer from machine to machine via the elicense dongle.

maybe this will change in the future, but for now... so i wait patiently for my key to come so that i can get back to using analog factory after several weeks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines