March 29, 2024, 09:41:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I AM SOOOOO ANGRY with this product!!  (Read 5218 times)

reekay

I AM SOOOOO ANGRY with this product!!
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:40:41 am »
I just bought the analog factory this afternoon, went to install the program,

which went well..

HOWEVER

went it gets to the syncrosoft stage, It freezes after I click NEXT to install it just freezes the comp!!

I thought id download the latest version off the syncro website but same thing..

oh I should also mentiion when I do plug in my dongle into any spare port it says "new hardware found" and it proceeds to look for software then freezes..

Ive got a new comp

E 6600 core 2 duo with 2 gigs of ram..
running windows xp Home

IM really dissapointed as I wanted to use this program but I think Ill take it back tommorow..

very dissapointed arturia as I got rrid of my crack softsynths WHICH ACTUALLY WORKED

Ted Perlman

• http://www.tedperlman.com
Re: I AM SOOOOO ANGRY with this product!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »
Quote from: "reekay"
very dissapointed arturia as I got rrid of my crack softsynths WHICH ACTUALLY WORKED

A good policy to follow, especially when dealing with shitty companies like Arturia:

Buy the program - run the crack.

That way you're not doing anything illegal, and you avoid any copy protection bullshit. As a rule, you should ALWAYS keep a crack of all your important software just in case something goes down and you can't reach the company to re-authorize, etc. In Arturia's case, you could wait up to 6 months waiting to hear back from them. If you ever did....

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 06:04:37 pm »
Okay please stay cool here. :evil:

The use of cracked versions is obviously illegal: if I buy a BMW cabriolet, am I allowed to steal one other of the same type? NO!

So please stop the "Buy the program - run the crack" propaganda as it is leads to confusion into users, and publicity for crackers.

If you have freeze everytime you launch any Syncrosoft stuff, you may rather drop an eye to your cracked softwares that put a lot of crappy dongle emulations in your registry base.

And don't forget that using ONE dongle-emulated (cracked) software means the lose of ALL your clean Syncrosoft-protected softwares... Please think twice before screaming, okay? Thanks.  :roll:
ex-Arturian

Ted Perlman

• http://www.tedperlman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 06:48:14 pm »
Quote from: "Antoine"
The use of cracked versions is obviously illegal: if I buy a BMW cabriolet, am I allowed to steal one other of the same type?

You also can't update your BMW by plugging it into the internet. Hence, there is an intrinsic difference between SOFTWARE and HARDWARE. I had assumed you would know that, but I notice from your signature that you work for Arturia, which means I should assume nothing.

Having a cracked copy of your legal and licensed software is not akin to stealing an extra BMW, my illogical "friend". BMW's don't have to be reauthorized when you change the tires or get a new alternator. But a lot of copy protected softwares (like some of yours) DO require getting in touch with the "company" (Arturia doesn't qualify for that much honoured term) after making any changes to the basic system components. If you cannot reach tech support and you have 4 clients over the weekend, that cracked copy will get you through all your sessions. And since you have a legal license anyway, you're not doing anything illegal.

Hanging around with people of little intelligence can rub off - I see it's happening to you....(no smiley face)

Ernst

TOTALLY SHOCKED
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:16:52 pm »
Quote from: "Antoine"
Okay please stay cool here. :evil:

The use of cracked versions is obviously illegal: if I buy a BMW cabriolet, am I allowed to steal one other of the same type? NO!

So please stop the "Buy the program - run the crack" propaganda as it is leads to confusion into users, and publicity for crackers.

If you have freeze everytime you launch any Syncrosoft stuff, you may rather drop an eye to your cracked softwares that put a lot of crappy dongle emulations in your registry base.

And don't forget that using ONE dongle-emulated (cracked) software means the lose of ALL your clean Syncrosoft-protected softwares... Please think twice before screaming, okay? Thanks.  :roll:

I really can`t believe what`s going on here! I`ve just bought AF2 Experience, my hard drive crashed, I wanted to install it on my new Macbook and of course Syncrosofts paranoia software politics prevents me from getting my work done...  While contacting support, I realised that it was not possible to register my product. No response from the contact mail account I sent a mail to :-(
but I`m glad in some ways to see that I`m not the only one.

@Arturia: think over before posting a reply like this above - this tone is slap in the face of your customers! Especially the comparison to the BMW -
absolut unobjective.
You should better take care of the problems of your customers than to offend them!
For me, this definitely was my last Arturia product - I`m so dissapointed in this company as well as the product. I am an honest customer, buying the software I use; but from the moment I bought it I`m having trouble using it  :roll: And everything the manufacturer does is giving a f*ck  :twisted:
sorry Arturia, but this is too bad... Have a look at Ableton, they have an activation limit and a fast telephone support, look at steinberg - they handle Syncrosoft a lot better. And most important: Don`t let your customers have to pay 14 € extra to get the dongle! Put it in the box. That  is customer care...

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 05:56:50 pm »
LCC 5.3.9.5 (pre-5.4.0.0) has been released...
==> http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2309
ex-Arturian

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 12:49:51 am »
Yup - that helped :x
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines