March 19, 2024, 05:25:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Experience - Does the Midi Keyboard need drivers??  (Read 6322 times)

expandildo

Analog Experience - Does the Midi Keyboard need drivers??
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:54:41 pm »
Hello,

I have just receive Analog Experience in the mail today and have installed the software on Windows, however the system does not recognize the keyboard. I have connected it via USB to my computer.

Should I look for any drivers? Haven't found anything anywhere so I am unable to use the keyboard with the software.

Thanx,

I.

bgf1973

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Experience - Does the Midi Keyboard need drivers?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:18:30 pm »
I received it yesterday and worked fine. I donīt need any driver. The imac recognize perfectely.

I donīt know what happen to yo?

MurkyMark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.harmonicappliances.com/
Re: Analog Experience - Does the Midi Keyboard need drivers?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:46:07 pm »
Quote from: "expandildo"
... the system does not recognize the keyboard. I have connected it via USB to my computer.

Should I look for any drivers? Haven't found anything anywhere so I am unable to use the keyboard with the software.
Are you using Windows XP SP2 or Vista? If yes, the driver should already be on your system (earlier versions of Windows probably won't have it), because it's just a standard USB Audio class device.

If you want more help, try plugging it into a different USB port and then report back with the details of what happens...

a5s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:49:38 am »
I have the exact same pb.
Is Arturia company is aware of this issue ? On another french forum several users encounter the same thing.
I have the lights on (octave) but no sound when i touch the piano keyboard.
1) How do we know if we need a power transfo or not. The device lacks a led indicator if the keyboard as enough power to work or not.
2) There is no mention of the need of a driver for the keyboard in the notice but the problem seems coming from there.
Thanks for any needed help.
Alex

MurkyMark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.harmonicappliances.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 06:06:54 am »
Quote from: "a5s"
1) How do we know if we need a power transfo or not. The device lacks a led indicator if the keyboard as enough power to work or not.

2) There is no mention of the need of a driver for the keyboard in the notice but the problem seems coming from there.

1) You don't need an external power supply if you are plugging it directly into your PC, but you might need one if you are plugging it into an unpowered USB hub. Also, you need to turn on the power switch on the back of the keyboard even for USB power.

2) Like I said before, if you're running WinXP SP2 or Vista you really don't need any other driver.

a5s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:18 am »
1) I have a powered USB hub and of course I did turn on the switch on the back.

2) It seems that there is a problem as such

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=577567

I found a fix that worked for me and I hope it works for anyone else experiencing the same issue. I had to Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values. (maybe only one exists at your place)

To Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
START > RUN > (Type) REGEDIT (and hit ENTER)

2. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the following key in the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Now you have to UNINSTALL THE USB AUDIO DEVICE, UNPLUG IT, AND REPLUG IT AGAIN

VOILA !!!! WORKING !!!!
PS, somehow u have to Use the Emulated USB AUDIO DEVICE Drivers

I tried but didn't find any Upper or lower value ... Only 37 files 0000 to 0037.
If anyone has an idea...
Alex

a5s

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 03:23:31 pm »
Am I the only one with this problem ???

Teuf

• http://www.audiokeys.eu/forum/index.php?
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:22 pm »
Now it seems you resolved your problem (seen on AF message board) ...you can explain how you do this  :)
It can be interesting for another AFE owners...

Teuf

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines