April 19, 2024, 08:11:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Think before you buy the V collection  (Read 4538 times)

DucatiDave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Think before you buy the V collection
« on: January 12, 2008, 05:26:30 am »
Only reason I bought the V collection was for the Jupiter and the CS-80, but now having problems and seeing all the others who have problems with host compatability and other issues, I gotta say, I'm very displeased. Based on what I've experianced so far, I really don't wanna wait for months to get stuff working. I'll never again buy any music software untill I checkout the bug issues, and I highly doubt I'll buy Arturia again. I don't understand how you can morally sell a product without running it with the top host software  out there, like Protools, Appleton, NI, Steinberg, Logic, Reaper, Cakewalk, whatever. You'd think it would be in the best interest of all these companies to  send their products to each other for testing.

I've bought the Komplete synth bundle, Imposcar, and the OP-X plugins, and they all work fine so far. The Komplete set has a nice Prophet plugin and the FM-8 is way cool.  Other than using that software, I'm thinking of just calling it a day and buying hardware again. Like the Yami XS series is looking good. No hassles with that purchase, garunteed. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to playing the Jupiter and the CS-80.
Guess what happens when you hook up a car battery in series to your VCF filter input?

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
And the fun part is.......
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:53:39 pm »
Hello I have the same problem with the V-Collection but it looks like
the Arturia people do not give a shit. I think it's the French way of dealing
with problems. That's why that country is almost broke!!!
Greatings David :lol:

303ftw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Nocturnetus Records
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:20:42 pm »
Hi guys

What sequencers are you using?
/Robert

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I use............
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »
Hello I use Abelton Live and Cubase.Greatings David

DucatiDave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »
Greetings, fellow digital douche bags.  :shock:  Well, I gota say, I loaded the rest of the set and they all work. The Arp 2600 is awsome! and the MiniMg sounds and looks wonderful too. The CS-80 and the Mg Modular are nice, but it takes work to find good sounds...and the Prophet, well Komplet's Prophet plug-in is far superior sounding....Even in the Jupiter stand-alone mode which is the only version that works , there's no Duran Rio arpegiated patch. I mean, c'mon man, if your playing a Jup-8 you gotta have the Rio patch, right?  8)   The CS-80's got the Chariotes themes, The MiniMg's got  Geoff Downe's personal Only time Will Tell lead, where's my friggin Rio patch Frenchies!?

haha, actually, France is pretty cool, they got the best health care system, best employment system, better technology, food, water, and most of all, better looking women. I mean, isn't that why we all buy software synth plugins in the first place...to impress women, right?  8)
Guess what happens when you hook up a car battery in series to your VCF filter input?

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wait till you realy.....
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:08:27 pm »
Hello Dave, Wait till you realy start playing with them. The Arp 2600 and
the Mg Modular picture can be gone from one second to the other and
it's not possible to save your sound then. And because I had so many problems with the plugins I went back to my Virus C and Creamware
Minimax and found that the groundsound of the Minimax and Virus is a
100% better then the Arturia plugs. They all sound very nasty digital and
not analog warm. I think it has a lot to do with the filters and the way they
are made. The 550 euro lesson I learned is better save your money for
hardware. My Machine Drum and Virus etc. etc. work better have excellent
support and sound realy very good. The presets on most VST's sound good on there own but mixing them (also made by your self) is a hassle,
because the groundsound is shit (a sample of a waveform through a filter)
and the instruments with a DSP in it specialy made to make sounds give
a much better result! That's why most profs work with hardware.
Greatings David :D

DucatiDave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I hear ya
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:43:10 am »
yeah, the irus line sounds great. I may get a module or 2 of them....and run them midi with my Neko or the Yamaha XS which I'm going to buy when I can afford it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines