April 19, 2024, 02:40:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V collection out of tune  (Read 8226 times)

b. sabbath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V collection out of tune
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:05:33 pm »
hi

I bought the V collection a few months ago and now I finally got a chance to really use it..

the miniMg v sounded a little out of tune at first but then it got really bad.. it only takes a few minutes of use before the sound gets worse and worse.. now I see a similar problem with the arp 2600.. I can't even put any of these synths in a song because they sound out of tune with everything else..

since it sounds ok for the first few minutes I thought I could do a quick bounce just to capture the sound but it didn't work, it's too out of tune sounding.. it even sounds out of tune with itself after about 2 minutes..

as of now the V collection is unusable for me.. :(

any thoughts would be seriously appreciated.. I sent an email to what I hope is tech support but I haven't received a confirmation email saying the got it..

does anyone know of a fix? I'm already using the latest versions..

thanks in advance..

cpu - Core 2 Duo E6300, 4Gb ram, Maudio FW 410, Xp Pro SP2, Cubase 4.1, a bunch of other synths that are all working well

b. sabbath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V collection out of tune
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:48:35 pm »

b. sabbath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V collection out of tune
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »
2 weeks and I haven't heard a thing from tech support..  :cry:

Bernhard Crosby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V collection out of tune
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:30:17 pm »
Hey Sabbath

Some of the presets have actually been made so that they are slightly out of tune.  Play an original CS80 and you'll see what I mean.

I find this mostly with CS80V, and of course the miniMg V presets have been set up this way (check the oscillator tuning settings and you'll see why).

Want something in tune?  Fine an in tune preset, or create your own sound, perfectly tuned.  It certainly doesn't lose tuning while you are using it.

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V collection out of tune
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:23:43 pm »
True and real analog equipment have sound differences with temperature, and time powered on. These veriations make for the richer fatter thicker sounds.  Arturia has this on purpose as a feature in TAE format.

Lew

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 07:54:05 am »
A possible solution for the V collection tuning problems described on this topic. I am a new owner of the KeyLab 88 and and was originally very disappointed that the Arturia Piano V library that came with my keyboard purchase would without explanation go dramatically in and out of tune while playing. I finally discovered that my keyboard after-touch signal was controlling a "Global Tension" setting in the UI. As soon as I mapped an appropriate keyboard knob to control the "Global Tension" setting, my Piano V library is playing in perfect tune. I now really like the library of piano sounds, they are really good...

jeffbart

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 02:11:31 am »
There have been a few posts about tuning issues
e.g. https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87960.msg132610#msg132610

And I've noticed that a440 does not always match up to the central tuning parameter value e.g. 0, or .500. It's usually a bit off e.g. to make it perfectly a440 on some apps requires the master tuning to be e.g. .512 or similar.
ANd some of the apps e.g. Arp 2600, has tuning issues when playing a lot of voices at once. It's known, but has never been acknowledged or responded to by Arturia.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines