March 28, 2024, 11:19:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS-80V Stand Alone with OSX 10.5?  (Read 5447 times)

Sonoma

• http://www.superaudiocenter.com
CS-80V Stand Alone with OSX 10.5?
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:06:25 pm »
Should it work? Mine doesn't. I am running 1.6.
gus

keys21

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 06:52:54 am »
Just got Arturia V collection today. CS-80 is running in standalone mode, but is not recognized as a software instrument by Logic Pro.

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:14:40 am »
CS-80V doesn't work on Leopard (a clean install) for me.  It keeps on coming up with "No document could be created" errors and crashes Logic Pro whenever I select it.  Not good.

If I go into Terminal and type "auval -v aumu Cs80 ArTu" to test the plugin, it tests the opening times on cold and warm starts, but quits out on the "first time" test.

It definitely has issues.

rkanaga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CS-80V Stand Alone with OSX 10.5?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:05 pm »
Hi. Did anyone manage to get CS-80V to work under OSX 10.5? I also get the "Document Cannot be created" error.

I read somewhere that this is because the program cannot cope with a case sensitive formatted OSX hard drive, but before I go down the route of wiping my hard drive in order to reformat it as case insensitive and re-installing everything I would just like to check that there isn't an easier way!

thanks

Robin. ???

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:59:40 am »
Please try this:
1. remove any disc from your computer drive;
2. download and install directly from the latest update;
3. insert the original CD *only* when prompted, and the serial (license) number as well.
ex-Arturian

rkanaga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:39:46 am »
I am trying to run the demo software to check before buying the V collection therefore I don't have any discs to insert and it doesn't ask for these

I managed to install and run the demo on my Mac G5 under OSX 10.5, but it doesn't seem to work on the Mac Pro for the reason I said. I really want to make sure it all works before buying the whole collection!

I have tried downloading and installing the latest 1.6 Demo software but it keeps coming up with the File cannot be created error.

Do you have any other tips other than reformatting the hard drive as a non case sensitive one?

thanks

Robin

rkanaga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10:06:55 pm »
In the end I reformatted by hard drive as Mac HFS journaled non case sensitive and re-installed everything. CS-80V works fine now. It seems that the app has a problem with case sensitive formatted drives. It might be worth warning Mac users about this, as while most Mac drives are formatted as non case sensitive, case sensitive is now an option and will lead to problems as I foudn to my cost!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines