March 28, 2024, 09:56:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: INSTALL PROBLEMS-AF 2.0 AND CAKEWALK SONAR 7  (Read 3072 times)

plasmaflow

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
INSTALL PROBLEMS-AF 2.0 AND CAKEWALK SONAR 7
« on: December 13, 2007, 02:39:33 am »
Hello again from the world of Arturia confusion and general frustration. I cannot install AF 2.0 as my DAW Cakewalk Sonar 7 will not recognize the upgrade as a VST instrument. Is it possible for Arturia to at least post some instructions on how to get the 2.0 upgrade installed and working properly. This is not the first time nor the first post regarding the failure of your software in one aspect or another. It is a shame that such a great sounding virtual instrument cannot be used due to software errors or bugs regarding a simple process such as an upgrade for registered customers.

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:03:37 am »
Plasmaflow,

Two suggestions:

1.  Can you install the v2.0 update and get it to play in Standalone mode?

2.  Prior to installing, look at the date and file size of the v1.2 VST. When installing, make sure an updated VST is installed.  The version 2 VST is "AnalogFactory.dll" with a date modified of 11/5/2007

plasmaflow

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:16 pm »
Thank you for your input - How can I quickly ascertain what VST version I have and how do I get the update or newest VST software?

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 05:19:23 am »
Quote from: "plasmaflow"
Thank you for your input - How can I quickly ascertain what VST version I have and how do I get the update or newest VST software?

During the installation you are required to specify the location\directory where you want the VST plugin installed.  As I mentioned in my previous post the most current v2.0 VST plugin has the name "AnalogFactory.dll" and has a "date modified" of Nov. 5, 2007.

In Sonar, you are required to define where you want Sonar to look for VST plugins.  I was suggesting that you:
1.  Make sure the place you "told" sonar to look for VST plugins is the same directory you specified in the Arturia installation
2. Look at the Sonar VST Plugins directory and see if the "analogfactory.dll" filename is the same and has the date I mentioned.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines