March 19, 2024, 09:32:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Severe lack of support for this product  (Read 10480 times)

cpd3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Severe lack of support for this product
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:18:29 pm »
At the beginning of June I posted a problem with the Jupiter8V and KORE. We are now at the beginning of October and there has been no movement towards a resolution of any type to this issue. I've exchanged private messages and been told Native Instruments was to supply Arturia with a copy of KORE to check the issue but was dragging their feet. I offered to intervene and help get the program to Arturia. No response. Four months and no resolution . No use out of two copies of a pretty expensive soft synth.
This is inexcusable. I'd recommend anybody interested in the Jupiter to NOT buy the product unless you've seen in this forum that it SPECIFICALLY works with your intended host. If it doesn't, there's no guarantee you see a fix in anything approaching a reasonable time.

convoythecat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/convoythecat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:55:09 am »
speaking of lack of support, i bought an NI vst when it came out. NI says v1.0 is'nt eligable for upgrade anymore. i paid msrp just like everyone else. i don't buy vaporware anymore. by the looks of the way NI license they're software now, they specialize in it. so when your krap stops working you can buy a less biased host.

sorry but look around. there is a way NI does buisness and the way all other developers do buisness.

sorry, i'm just not much of an NI fan. hope things work out. all hosts are supposed to support standards and sadly it looks like the real standard hasn't been lnvented yet.

i hate buying a host, it feels like you're picking sides. it's like buying a guitar and finding out you can only play it with two of the people in your band.

jauqq

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:06:28 pm »
I know exactly what you mean about NI. I had an older product but to use it on a new IntelMac I HAVE to upgrade. They've also dropped a few older products of late. I have heard the brains behind NI is an old accountant so that explains alot...
In fairness to Arturia I do like the fact that their upgrades from say PPC OSX to IntelMac OSX were free upgrades, and that when they improved things on the MiniMg V this was also free. It shows a good deal of respect to its customer base...
But on the other hand they have of late fallen with the numerous bugs esp on the Prophet V  :evil:
I just wished they'd sorted these out before diving into the Origin project. However I do have faith that Arturia will sort these bugs out very soon...
To get over the NI problem/licence/upgrade issues, i've trimmed back on my softsynths so i'm not at the mercy of constant paid upgrading etc and I use Logic's synths + 2 Arturia synths..
I suppose the only answer would be to use hardware.... no licence, bug fixes or chasing paid upgrades ever !!!!  8)

Sweep

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:43:46 am »
Quote from: "jauqq"
I suppose the only answer would be to use hardware.... no licence, bug fixes or chasing paid upgrades ever !!!!  8)

I wouldn't bank on that. For example, there's an issue at the moment with the new Mg - the so-called `Little Phatty'.  I have a different Mg, so I haven't experienced this problem, but apparently it's a bleed-through of digital noise that's especially noticeable on bass sounds.

Mg are working on it, and this is just one example from the hardware world. It's the one I happen to be aware of right now.

The bottom line is, nothing's perfect. There are cons as well as pros with both hardware and software.

convoythecat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 04:49:35 am »
i have to keep an old pc around to play some of my older soft synths. they became the crusty old hardware they claimed you didn't have to put up with anymore.

my opinion on that is old synths look better than old computers.

but it was my choice.

cpd3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:51:35 pm »
Something seems to be getting overlooked here. All the other Arturia VIs work in KORE, the VI host sold by the biggest VI company there is. Only Jupiter has the problem. A simple check for the differences between Jupiter and the other Arturia instruments should find the problem. Instead, 4 months later, I've paid for 2 instruments I still can't use because Arturia chooses to chase new money instead of protecting people that have ALREADY spent money with them. This seems inexcusable to me. And, no offense, but issues with Mg (fine folks all) and NI support don't really factor in to this discussion. This is an Arturia problem.

convoythecat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:49:47 am »
they probably are the biggest producer of vsts. a constant stream of alienating "do everything" vsts that are sold by the bucket full. they should call it the R+D bucket. when they come up with one that stands on it's own it will be sold a la carte.

i didn't overlook much. that nonsense pops up between other hosts and vsts, as you'll recall i said that the real standard needs to be invented still.

it is odd though that the same vst runs fine in other hosts.

cpd3

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 08:08:58 am »
And the other Arturia VIs run fine in KORE - only the Jupiter is a problem. It would seem a fairly simple matter to find the difference in communication with the host between Jupiter and all the other VIs that Arturia makes and FIX IT! Not a lot to ask across several months.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines