April 25, 2024, 12:41:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU Drain  (Read 3846 times)

DaveR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU Drain
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:17 pm »
Massive amounts of cpu drain with the J8V I also get this with MMV I take these issues with cpu drain are on a back burner will they ever be corrected??
DaveR
www.myspace.com/syntheticpastures

Xaviero

CPU Drain
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:36 pm »
"An instrument with a great sound, very expressive, easy to use, beautiful to see, with a lot of new features and an inspirational charm, a very low CPU load - unlike many other VSTi - and it's also not expensive... so what are you waiting for?" Rec'N'Play

:roll:

I thought that it was too good to be true, and thats from a press clipping on the Jupiter 8V product page.

So, I downloaded the Demo and it turns out that my 2 Ghz Dual Core Centrino with 2 GB of Ram equipped laptop can barely run it.  Yah sure it sounds nice, but... seriously.. I want to be able to run multiple instances without having to freeze everything. I sure hope Arturia can deliver the goods once this origin product comes out... I think it was a bit too hasty on their part to try and tackle hardware production when they barely mastered the software area.  

I think that arturia should have just spend all the production time they put into Origin, into product updates and further product testing.

royfagon

JP8V CPU Drain
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:41:16 pm »
I have a feeling this will never be resolved unless they adopt some kind of external processor box like how WAVES use their APA boxes for their plugins
thus releasing the main CPU to do other things.  I could see that JP8V (like the original hardware version) was going to be a mother of a tool to use.

SpecialK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU Drain
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 02:48:34 pm »

"An instrument with a great sound, very expressive, easy to use, beautiful to see, with a lot of new features and an inspirational charm, a very low CPU load - unlike many other VSTi - and it's also not expensive... so what are you waiting for?" Rec'N'Play

The same shit in the German DE:BUG Magazin:

"In opposite to other Emulations like CS-80V oder Mg, it is almost immposible to get your CPU on it's knees. This helps you to totally  concentrate on your sounddesign"

(This is my translation, not perfect, but the message is still the same!)

What is going on there? This is just a lie!!!! But otherwise the J8v is a good experience. Don't believe in any press clippings, especially on the Arturia Web Site. Always take a look to the user forums. There are bugs in almost any software, but what sucks here, is the support.
I paid "just" 189 Euros for this. I really would get angry, when I would pay 2299 Euros for the Origin! I can't imagine, that only because it is hardware, all problems are magically solved.

Don't believe the hype!!!

P.S.
To make a contructive proposal: What about more free presets for the J8v???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines