April 24, 2024, 03:51:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncrosoft question...  (Read 3603 times)

Uberzone

• http://www.myspace.com/uberzone
Syncrosoft question...
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:48:40 am »
Not a big fan of the whole dongle thing. Something I've never been sure of with the Syncrosoft variety... do you need mulitples of them. I have one for Nuendo, the Korg Legacy collection etc. Do I need the seperate syncrosoft dongle for the Jupietr 8V or can the license be installed on one of my other syncrosoft keys (like using an iLok key)?

Best,
!Q!

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Syncrosoft question...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 10:14:37 pm »
All SyncroSoft compatible licenses can be transferred to one single key.

KennethA

majormidi

• http://www.majormidi.com
Syncrosoft
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:54:41 pm »

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, it is really quite easy to transfer all of your licenses over to one key and then just carry them on one key.  It takes a little bit of time "playing around" on the syncro-site but once you've done it, it becomes a breeze.

Give it a try

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Syncrosoft question...
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 04:45:10 pm »
Quote from: "Uberzone"
Not a big fan of the whole dongle thing. Something I've never been sure of with the Syncrosoft variety... do you need mulitples of them. I have one for Nuendo, the Korg Legacy collection etc. Do I need the seperate syncrosoft dongle for the Jupietr 8V or can the license be installed on one of my other syncrosoft keys (like using an iLok key)?

Best,
!Q!

Just my 2-cents worth....Pardon if I'm addressing the obvious, but, with either iLok or Syncrosoft, if you put all your eggs in one basket and the basket goes missing, recovery is daunting at best and in several cases impossible.  I use a couple of powered hubs with individual dongles for each synth.  When I work on a laptop I pre-plan which synths I'm going to use so that I don't run out of ports and take only those dongles with me.  Granted, it cuts down on experimental creativity, but, by keeping each dongle 'dedicated', there's less possibility of losing access to an entire collection.

Peace,

Dave

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines