April 19, 2024, 05:16:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PRESETS NOT WORKING / sounding - pls help  (Read 7197 times)

wilki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
PRESETS NOT WORKING / sounding - pls help
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »
Hi, some presets on the newly installed CS 80 do not work. For example in PADS all the GTD (ie GTD rudepoly) presets do not sound.

Can someone pls advise is this a technical fault or problem with installation etc.

Some work fine, others no sound.

Pls help / advise..
peace

Sweep

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:47:36 pm »
(edited)

Sweep

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:04:36 pm »
I found two patches that were always silent, but not the same ones you found. Mine were - DD GoodKarma and DD Tick-TockPad.

But I think I may have the reason for the silence anyway.

The reason my two silent patches didn't sound was because both of them have the pedal controls selected, which silences them if you don't have pedals connected.

That wasn't the case with your silent patches in my version of the CS80V, but it may be that we have slightly different patch edits. Try checking if the pedal controls are selected on your silent patches as follows:

look at the two grey buttons to the far left of the keyboard, marked EXP and WAH. Click on both of them to bring them up. If either are down, there's no sound.

You can't simply re-save these patches when you've solved the problem (because they're factory settings, I think), so if you want to use them you'll need to save them with new patch names.

At first I thought there may be a corrupt patch in this bank as well, as some odd things appeared to happen. But I'm beginning to think it may be a computer glitch of some kind that's now resolved itself. I'll keep checking things with this bank for a while, though, I think.

Please let me know if what I've said helps to solve the problem. If it doesn't, we can try something else.

wilki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:42:48 pm »
Hello sweep,

thank you for the post. I tried the buttons as suggested but there is still no sound on a number of the patches. Do I need to insert the original CD Rom to get the sound in the first place? thank you again for your reply.
peace

Sweep

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:54:15 am »
You shouldn't need to.

Do you know how to back up patches using export yet (you said you'd only just installed the program, so I don't know how much you've got into it yet)?

I'm wondering if maybe you could email me one of the defective patches so I could try it on my copy of the software?

If you'd like to do that, send me a patch or two using taoist.hermit1@virgin.net.

If you're not sure how to export the patches, let me know and I'll advise.

wilki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:16:53 pm »
Hello sweep,

thank you for the reply. I am a complete beginner and do not know how to export yet, just tweaking with the presets at the moment. The presets that did not load are the GTD variety on ALL PADS, for example GTD rudepoly, GTD lonelypad. Would you like me to email you a patch so you can have a look at it? will i need to export this first and then somehow attach it to an email?

Thank you again for your help.
peace

Sweep

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 01:25:20 am »
If you select the patch, then click the export tab, you'll be given a drop-down menu. Choose preset so you just have that one patch, and you'll be prompted to save it to a location on your hard drive.

Do that, then attach it to an email as you would any other file.

I'll let you know what I find when I load it.  If there's a slight delay in replying, though, it'll be because I'm having computer problems at the moment.  Things seem to be working again at the moment, though.

wilki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 02:26:34 pm »
Hello Sweep,

well i really don't know what to make of this. Firstly i checked if the sound would work on a mac and it did fine though my audio computer is a PC. I then tried to save the preset as suggested but it would not save on the hardrive. It then said to insert the original CD rom, which i did. Then i closed hte project and opened another one, and now the presets seem to be working fine. I have since taken the CD rom out of the computer and the presets still work ok, just in a new project.

So...the problem seems to have been solved, kind of, though i do not know how exactly...

thanks for you help- it all started with the export function..

you know, i really like ths sounds from this synth, it is marvelous. Is there a place where members exchange and share presets? like make their own and share them?

thanks again!
peace

poropat

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 10:03:03 pm »
may I give a little trick?
When You have a patch silent or crashing the VST in any Arturia Synth,
try it with a sample rate of 44.1 or 48Khz Instead of 96KHz, mostly
they work.
VCollection 8

Sweep

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 02:06:27 am »
Very weird. :D  Great that things now seem to be ok, though.

If all else had failed and we hadn't been able to fathom this, my last suggestion would have been to take a screen print of a silent patch and re-program it. That way you'd have either a working patch or a good indication of where the problem was - as soon as it went silent you'd know which parameter was causing it.

Regarding sharing patches, I don't know if there's a place for that? There's a CS80V group on Yahoo that may do it. That'd be worth checking out. There are probably additional banks of patches on the main Arturia site's Download section, as well.

Poropat, many thanks for that suggestion. I'm copying it into my manual for future reference.

I think it would be good if we had a centralised collection of tips like that, maybe on the main Arturia website. I opened a topic on one the Mg forums (MiniMg V, I think) for useful tips, but a complete and easily accessible collection of tips would be very useful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines