April 19, 2024, 11:47:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Confused about syncrosoft dongle?  (Read 3465 times)

jauqq

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Confused about syncrosoft dongle?
« on: August 27, 2007, 04:52:57 pm »
I'm thinking to buy the V collection, and even though some of the products are buggy (Prophet V being the main one!!) I have faith that Arturia will release an update in the coming months.
However I keep reading about people having problems with the USB dongle and i'm confused about talk of licence transfers and using the software on different computers.
At the moment I have an aged Powerbook so would install the software on this computer along with the licences on the USB dongle.
Later on I plan to get another more powerful Mac, so can I the install the V collection on this newer computer and use it with the same dongle? Can I use both installs of the V collection on the two different computers? Of course i know whichever machine i'm using, i'd need the dongle plugged in.
I'm just confused about the posts saying people can't use their software because they've transfered licences.... i think thats different to my case?

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:01:29 pm »
At the moment I have an aged Powerbook so would install the software on this computer along with the licences on the USB dongle.
Later on I plan to get another more powerful Mac, so can I the install the V collection on this newer computer and use it with the same dongle?

yes, sure!

Can I use both installs of the V collection on the two different computers? Of course i know whichever machine i'm using, i'd need the dongle plugged in.

yes! I'm working that way, as many people and everything is allright...

I'm just confused about the posts saying people can't use their software because they've transfered licences.... i think thats different to my case?

these people are talking about transfering a license from one dongle to another, so your case is different ; even if this kind of transfer should work...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

JohnM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »
Vincent,

This is probably a stupid question, but here goes:

I recently bought the V-Collection that comes with it's own Syncrosoft dongle, however I already have one which I use with my Vienna Symphonic Library. Can I just license the Arturia products onto my existing Syncrosoft key?

jp8000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Confused about syncrosoft dongle?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
My license transfer to the dongle went very well, and now my copy of V-collection is running very smoothly on the new computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines