April 19, 2024, 02:59:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase 4 install KILLED my J8  (Read 5286 times)

marklord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase 4 install KILLED my J8
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:47:24 pm »
Have V-Collection. Everythnig installed fine and I activated the dongle Ok. Everything was working in Logic 7 and as Standalone fine. Then I install Cubase 4. My cubase dongle is separate to my Arturia one btw. Cubase install fine, I activate the dongle fine, then I run Cubase 4. It scans all the plugins fine apart from J8 which fails on. I exit Cubase and run the J8 standalone assuming its a problem with J8 in Cubase 4. But now I get and error message in Standalone and in Logic. "App Jupiter -8V has caused the following error - Class not found: 0x fb fc ff a0 13 81 64 f8 17 4c ab 99 7c fa 7b bf. Unfortunately I don't speak Hexadecimal so I re-install J8 - still the same - so I re-install Syncrosoft - still the same - but when I run the Licence Control Centre I notice that as well as the demos and the Prophet V activation instead of a Jupiter 8V activation I know have "Unknown Product" on the key - which I can do nothing with. So I now have no J8 and when I re-run the J8 install it doesn't give me the activation code again so I can't try to re-download the activation. What the hell do I do now! I only bought the Collection coz it seemed like really good value - the J8 was the most important plug for me and now it doesn't work and I have several (paying) mixed started that I can't finish. Arturia/Syncrosoft/Steinberg this REALLY sucks. Can anyone HELP! PLEASE!

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 02:33:49 pm »
Hello,
Have you tried to install the latest update of the synchrosoft license control center? The one present on the J8V's CD should be Ok.
Actually, as the Jupiter came after cubase, your actual Synchrosoft license control center should not be up-to-date with the latest softwares...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

marklord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dead Jupiter 8V
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 02:43:40 pm »
Yes I have indeed installed the latest version of the Licence center. I have to say that program seems to have more updates than enough. My standard practise now is to check for an update everytime before I run the thing or install any software.

The Korg Analogue Collection which also comes with a Syncrosoft key has the activation code printed on the disc jacket, but not the J8. However, I have a nasty feeling the dreaded 32 digit codes are use once in any case. If which case unless Arturia can provide with with another one I'm screwed. Still waiting to here from tech support.... Thanks for you suggestion though :-)

Vincent T

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:26:03 pm »
..and you have the both synchrosofts keys plugged when you try to start cubase with the jupiter 8 ?
Here we have no problem runnning both...
Vincent
DSP Arturia

marklord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dead J8
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:25 pm »
Yes, i have both keys plugged in. But I think, well I'm absolutely certain, the problem is that installing/activating cubase 4, the activation file for J8 on my Arturia key has been destroyed/damaged. When I interogate the Arturia key using the Syncrosoft licence control center there is no longer an entry named Jupiter 8V on the key. Instead this has been replaced by one entitled "Unknown Product". The entries for the Prophet V and timed demos are still fine.

Vincent T

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 03:51:55 pm »
okay,
Please, could you send me a scan of your invoice by mail?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines