April 19, 2024, 06:27:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection? I name it "THE BUG COLLECTION"  (Read 12739 times)

Sweep

Re: No!......
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 01:07:41 pm »
Quote from: "FBM"
People who are dominating all forums to keep the negative voices out. Most of the time they do it for free as wel. Like Arturia is a sort of religion and you are a dicipel and oh
when something negative comes on the forum......

You're presumably replying to Slammah with this post, but while I've been in agreement with him I'll respond as well.

If a criticism isn't justified then I'll respond to it and say so. I've already said why.

If it is justified and there's a real problem, then I'll suggest a solution, or if I don't know for sure I'll suggest something to try, if I can. If it's something I don't know about, like third-party software that I don't use, then there's probably nothing I can suggest - except for the basic question, does it work it stand-alone mode, to determine whether the problem is with the computer or the third-party software.

It's clear that Arturia is overstretched, and it makes sense to try to address issues here if possible. The fact that it's a public forum means information on problems that are resolved for one person is available to others, which is helpful.

As for your insult about Arturia being some kind of religion, this seems to be an extreme attempt to avoid being constructive. You've refused to be specific and try to look at what problems you're having and find causes that coudl be resolved, and now you're insulting the people who are giving their own time to try to help you. I think that makes it perfectly clear that you're more interested in complaining than it trying to get to the bottom of the problems you're having. I hoped at first you were just understandably frustrated and you'd calm down and try to sort out your problems when you'd been asked for details, but obviously not.

At least you've said you're going away to make some music. That's a constructive comment at last.

slammah2012

Re: No!......
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 07:05:42 am »
Quote from: "FBM"
No my car gets fixed by people like you who are screaming that there
car is working and that I'm at the wrong place. People who are dominating
all forums to keep the negative voices out. Most of the time they do it for
free as wel. Like Arturia is a sort of religion and you are a dicipel and oh
when something negative comes on the forum......
It is simple like I wrote before (about the software). It looks great and sounds amazing, but it is full of bugs. And I am shure it is not my computer(s) or system. IT IS THE SOFTWARE! And now I going to make
some music!!!!! Greatings David

If your sure.......Then you must have figured out what you were doing wrong on your own...
What system are you running,what OS,PC or Mac,Stand Alone or in a third party Host? , and what were your findings when you got it all to work for yourself???Did you Cave and E-mail Arturia Support???

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V-Collection? I name it "THE BUG COLLECTION"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 02:46:31 am »
"......I advice all of you to return the software to the shop, because it is not working......"

Sorry - just couldn't let this one go.  Nothing spells discredibility quite like 'since I can't make MY stuff work, EVERYONE needs to dump theirs'.

There are lots of cry-babies on lots of VI forums and most of them either haven't even opened the manual or are using cracked software to begin with.  No, I don't work for Arturia; I've paid market price for their products;  I've had issues (just as in Native Instruments, G-Force and other plugs) that had to be dealt with but I consider that all part of the experience.  Before whining mercilessly about the instability of VI plugs,  try to remember how unstable the original hardware synths were - IF you ever played any of them - and, while you're at it, go on e-bay and try to find some original hardware and check the going prices.

Much to Arturia's credit, there has been no 'upgrade charge' for updated versions (some other companies bleed you for updating).  The latest example of this is Analog Factory.  When a major addition of presets became available ("Reloaded") there was no additional charge to registered users.  Now that AF is going into v2 with added versatility AND presets including the J8, guess what........FREE upgrade to registered users.  Lets see your car dealer match that.  (never did quite get the analogy anyway).

Arturia has outstanding products that are no more or less 'buggy' than tons of other software out there - (Windows ?? - ANY version since 3.1,  anybody ever deal with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Lotus, OS/2......)  
Get over yourself and enjoy how good this stuff really IS rather than trying to rally everyone else against it.  Or better yet, box it back up, put it on the shelf and just consider the experience a lesson in life not being ALL ABOUT YOU.

Peace,

Dave

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines