March 28, 2024, 02:02:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter 8v bad on dual G5 *and* intel dual quad core mac...  (Read 4051 times)

seandrinkwater

• http://freezepop.com/
Hello all,

I ran the demo of this thing fairly well, even used it on a record, but now that I have purchased it I have had nothing but problems.

I could not get the 8v to play more than a couple of notes on my dual G5. It was frustrating. It turned into the noisy garbage people are apparently running into with this. I raised and lowered the buffers and the polyphony in every possible combination. Nothing worked. I thought "I have a new dual quad core coming in two weeks so I will put this out of mind for now."

First synth I install on my new machine, 7 gigs of ram, dual quad core, same exact problem. Actually maybe slightly worse. I update to 1.0.3. Again, just as bad. I cannot play more than a couple of notes without it completely shutting off in standalone mode with no other applications open. Patches go silent until I switch to the next sound (which should all be selectable from the buttons on the 'actual' synth, for the record).

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I have run many soft synths over the years and never run into anything like this, even on some pretty terrible machines.

As a longtime owner of an original Jupiter 8 I was not expecting this product to quite live up to its namesake but this is kind of ridiculous. If this is user-error I will gladly apologize for wasting your time....

verschel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Jupiter 8v bad on dual G5 *and* intel dual quad core mac...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:30:49 am »
H i,
I'm running Jupiter 8V as a plugin in Logic without problems.
Can use multiple instances with 64 samples latency.
This on a 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xenon, 3 GB memory and Motu 2408 mk3.

ocelot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Jupiter 8v bad on dual G5 *and* intel dual quad core mac...
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »
its starting to sound like to me that the jupiter works great on an intel mac, not so much on a power pc.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines