March 29, 2024, 11:05:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The importance of Polyphonic Aftertouch in Arturia Origin  (Read 8544 times)

slammah2012

The importance of Polyphonic Aftertouch in Arturia Origin
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:16:50 pm »
This is why all softsynths and the Origin hardware Should have polyphonic aftertouch as a modulation source....

These were done from my SQ80 controlling the Arturia CS80-V soft synth....

http://audio.xanga.com/slammah/b64a71031225/audio.html

http://audio.xanga.com/slammah/126bb1031243/audio.html

http://audio.xanga.com/slammah/e82a31031186/audio.html

JohnM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 12:57:35 pm »
I think it would be good to have polyphonic aftertouch available as at least an option, if not standard. Having once owned a real CS80 I can testify the the performance satisfaction if can bring, and miss that on the CS80V.

JWaltman

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:44:56 pm »
I heard the first mp3..love it! Great example of polyphonic aftertouch, I too own an SQ80, it still baffles me there are soo few synths out there with polyphonic aftertouch..

it should be on all synths imho

slammah2012

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 07:28:03 pm »
Thanks......

Just to remind everyone

The people from Arturia say the Origin does "respond" to both Channel
and Polyphonic Aftertouch
....It is only the presently"attached" keyboard
that is Channel Aftertouch only......

slammah2012

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:16:57 am »
Quote from: "slammah2012"
Thanks......

Just to remind everyone

The people from Arturia say the Origin does "respond" to both Channel
and Polyphonic Aftertouch
....It is only the presently"attached" keyboard
that is Channel Aftertouch only......

New Keyboard manufactured with polyphonic aftertouch

VAX 77

http://www.infiniteresponse.com/complete%20specs.html

it folds in half....

Xfactor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 02:32:41 am »
poly aftertouch is cool. I have it on a T8.
BUT... nobody ( I mean the 3 keyboard makers that everyone buys keyboards from) makes an afordable keyboard with polyafter touch and most people don't know how or why they would want it.
The M-Audio Oxygen 8 sells great and sucks. The folding keyboard is stupidly priced.

Poly after touch is cool but you need to collect those few keyboards that have it.

slammah2012

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:22:39 am »
Quote from: "Xfactor"
BUT... nobody ( I mean the 3 keyboard makers that everyone buys keyboards from) makes an afordable keyboard with polyafter touch and most people don't know how or why they would want it.
The M-Audio Oxygen 8 sells great and sucks. The folding keyboard is stupidly priced.

Poly after touch is cool but you need to collect those few keyboards that have it.

I disagree....
$2,285.04 CAD is a decent price for an instrument that has this variety of control....
They arent just going on the PolyAT....
Poly and Channel at, and microprocessors under each key to surpass simple velocity...the key will sound out even at half depth based on pressure and speed....like a piano...... there is also release velocity and a new approach to pitchbend....we will wait and see.....
The only other controller that surpasses this is the Haken Continuum, and for a full size, it will set you back around $4,500.00 CAD....
Weighted as requested by the performer.....superfast response.....
several pedal inputs...

Here is a press release letter I received regarding updates on the board....

Greetings from Infinite Response, Inc.:

The recent exposure of the VAX77 in the New Gear section of November’s Keyboard Magazine has resulted in hundreds of enthusiastic inquiries from musicians worldwide.

Among the many questions and recommendations regarding the VAX77 MIDI Keyboard Controller, the majority have been related to the release date, cutting edge control features (including polyphonic aftertouch) and general availability.

Original market debut scheduled for September 2007 has been delayed about 6 months because of an unusual industry move by the manufacturer of our Organic LEDs.  Without warning, OSRAM announced that their OLED would no longer be available, effective immediately.  This event has forced a significant redesign of the VAX77 user interface.

Nevertheless, it also allowed us to create an even better controller.  Now, the user interface will be designed around a single, 3 1/2”, full-color, touch screen LCD, similar to the iPhone.  This display will contribute to ease of use and allow additional features to be designed into the touch screen.  For example, 9 programmable sliders will be displayed on the screen and their settings can be stored in flash for each preset.  With one touch, the sliders can convert to drawbars.

We expect to implement these changes without increasing the recently published price of $2,450.00 and this includes a rather innovative carrying case.

These required mechanical, hardware and software design changes will push the release date to Spring 2008. However, we promise it will be worth the wait.  Thank you again for your continued interest in the VAX77 and we will look forward to sending you the next product news update, as well as information on the development of our new website.

All the best,

Glenn Chandler

Infinite Response, Inc.

bg

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 02:03:49 pm »

I have a question about the T8, if you don't mind.  Can it transmit poly aftertouch via its MIDI output?  I've been curious about this for a long time.  Thanks.

slammah2012

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 02:20:13 pm »
Quote from: "bg"

I have a question about the T8, if you don't mind.  Can it transmit poly aftertouch via its MIDI output?  I've been curious about this for a long time.  Thanks.

I believe that it can't transmitt polyat via midi .
However, I could be proven wrong here....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines