March 29, 2024, 12:10:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem running the demo.  (Read 8289 times)

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problem running the demo.
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:13:31 am »
Hi guys.

I have a problem running the demo of the Jupiter 8V.
No matter if I try to run it in my Cubase 4 - or as a standalone product - its output keeps crackling and the sound is not stable at all.

This occurs if I use my Emu 1212m audio card. If I change my ASIO settings to run on the WDM driver for my card the problems go away.

Any ideas ?

KennethA

Marland

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:52:24 am »
I have the same problem with the demo.

I'm using a Novation X Station - I haven't been able to get the problem to cease.

Paul

KennethA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 11:03:47 pm »
Hi Paul.

Just a small update.
I haven't exactly solved the issue, but I discovered the other day that switching my system to 48KHz actually made the demo run correctly. Switching back to 44KHz made the problem reoccur.

Weird.

What audio card are you using ?

KennethA

Mr-Emulator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 12:17:30 am »
Well since i own a EMU-1820m i should have the same PCI card as you have. Since i updated to Cubase 4 i noticed that all my VST Instruments crackle and sound distorded most times i start Cubase 4. I usually just have to reinitialise the EMU-ASIO driver by "pretending" to change it but actually click on the same driver wich allready was active. Then the problem is gone - at least till next time i startup Cubase 4.03. An Update of my EMU drivers to the newest Beta drivers did not help. And since it appeared with Cubase 4 but was fine in Cubase 3 i would say it's Cubase 4 problem.

Then there is another issue with the Jupiter. The version which ships in the box and/or the demo you can download show the same crackling and distorion effect as described above although my ASIO driver is fine. This problem has fortunately been solved by Arturia with the update v1.03 of teh Jupiter! :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines