April 19, 2024, 01:43:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does Storm first expand, then recompress?  (Read 3722 times)

dirkmitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.dirkmittler.com/GallIndex.htm
Does Storm first expand, then recompress?
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:43:32 am »
Real soon now I plan to record some Tracks, which I'll transfer into a Storm-recognized folder as MP3 files to begin with. Then I'll want to introduce those samples into a song, then save the song as an .stm file. At which point Storm will routinely ask me if I want it to include the samples in the Storm File. To which the answer will be Yes. Next, it will ask me whether I want those samples to be compressed.

If I answer No at this point, will Storm expand those Song samples as well, and save them expanded? That were never Wave files as far as Storm is concerned?

If I answer Yes, will it first expand these longer samples, then compress them again?

With which commands will Storm be more likely to save the samples as part of the Storm File, but also leave the ones that were originally compressed, in their original state?

The reason I'm asking is my general dislike for MP3-compression. It's bad enough that I need to introduce long samples as MP3s once, but then if those were resampled and compressed a second time, my trouble will be double.

Yet, these samples are indeed too long just to include uncompressed.

Dirk

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines