Here are some bugs I encountered during the last few days of heave AF reloaded use:
- one or two dozen of the Sounds are (obviously) incorrectly labelled
- in the ARP2600 section, many of the sounds are of totally identical "Seagull" type (but named and categorized entirely differently).
- sometimes, shortly after switching presets, AF R produces very loud bursts of sound/noise, which seem to be at max loudness. I expect my neighbours forming a lynchmob any day now.
- sometimes (rarely, though) AF R stops producing sound entirely. Unloading the plugin and reloading won't solve this. I have to quit my host app (Logic Express) and re-start it.
- EDIT: Complaint about not accepting MIDI deleted. It does, once you activate your input device. It's a little hard, though, to find the setup dialogue, and the printed manual doesn't tell you where it is - on OS X. It's the world "File", up on the left side of the app window.
- AF R initialises upon loading Logic Express, and then initialises again for each track that has an instance of AF R. Since the init is not really brief, this stresses ones patience a little. Isn't there a way to have AF R initialise just once, and then instantiate from that? Logic's own EXSP24 seems to do that fine.
EDIT: And additionaly, don't load all the 3k presets at once. Just load a db/lookup-table and put the presets outside the app. Encrypt, if you must. But please, reduce loading times. Pretty please with a cherry on top? :-)
Having said all that, I hasten to add, that I love Analog Factory Reloaded! It is a really, really well thought out product, with one of the most useful GUIs as far as softsynths go, magnificent sounds, and thoroughly enjoyable experience -- at an unbeatable price, every €-cent worth it!