March 28, 2024, 11:37:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI control of buttons - docs anywhere?  (Read 6000 times)

Jth_wal_tty

MIDI control of buttons - docs anywhere?
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:17:08 pm »
Anyone know how to "learn" some of the 2 state (or more) butttons on the CS-80V?

An example of what Im talking about is, say, the Arpeggiator section where we have SYNC (2 state on/off) or MODE (5 state UP/DOWN/UP\DN/RAND/NOTES)...

It seems that these are not CC types , rather NRPN types??

Nowhere on the Arturia site that I can find documents what MIDI numbers are attached to these functions. I can assign whatever I want to them, trouble is nothing happens afterwards.

The thought of randomly guessing which NRPN sequence will activate the SYNC button leaves one a bit cold.
Especially if it isnt even the right thing to in the end!

Pots and sliders work as expected, but there are about 40 buttons and drum pads Id like to use as well.

If it matters Im renting to buy a Novation SL Zero and have a ProTools 7.1 G5 OS X Mac... Also, Arturia support has been asked but they arent answering so far.

omissis

MIDI control of buttons - docs anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:56:46 am »
Damn, I've never watched out with care about them, I'll try to get something out and report it, although I give no warranties :?
Max

a CS-80Vist

bg

• Beta-testers
Re: MIDI control of buttons - docs anywhere?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 08:27:49 pm »
CS-80V does not use NRPN's, only CC's.  I use a UC-33e to control the items you mention.  Arp SYNC is controlled by a push button.  Push the button and it sends CC90 value 127, turning SYNC on; push it again and it sends value 0, turning SYNC off.  I control Arp MODE with a slider, which sends CC94 with values 0-127.  This sweeps thru the 5 states of the on screen control.

On the SL Zero, see if you can program a button to send alternating CC values.   Also, you might try running CS-80V standalone as an experiment just to eliminate any possible vagaries from Logic.

Hope this helps.

Jth_wal_tty

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:39:24 pm »
Quote from: "bg"
CS-80V does not use NRPN's, only CC's.  I use a UC-33e to control the items you mention.  Arp SYNC is controlled by a push button.  Push the button and it sends CC90 value 127, turning SYNC on; push it again and it sends value 0, turning SYNC off.  I control Arp MODE with a slider, which sends CC94 with values 0-127.  This sweeps thru the 5 states of the on screen control.

On the SL Zero, see if you can program a button to send alternating CC values.   Also, you might try running CS-80V standalone as an experiment just to eliminate any possible vagaries from Logic.

Hope this helps.

This was an enormous tip.  Thank you. I have drum pads etc behaving like an off/on switch. The tricks with the Novation are: set DispType to on/off, scroll up to the higher level (where you name the button knob or pad) and choose button type toggle, and as you hinted, use 0-127 for range - I was using 0-1 for range which seemed sensible at the time...

Wonder how long Arturia is going to take to answer : >

Chapora

• http://www.myspace.com/chapora
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 04:46:12 pm »
Quote from: bg
CS-80V does not use NRPN's, only CC's.  I use a UC-33e to control the items you mention.

I am having great difficulty getting my UC-33e to work alongside the CS-80v. I've tried installing the presets that are listed with the Enigma software (that comes with the UC-33e) but at best all I can controll is the volume? If you have managed to set up your CS-80v to work alongside  the UC-33e controller could you be really nice and let me know what I need to do.
Thanks very much in advance
N

Naive Teen Idol

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:31:19 am »
I just got a Remote SL 25 -- in part b/c I wanted to try the touchpad, but also b/c I was really keen on having tactile control over the CS-80V's parameters for once.

But I still can't assign the buttons using Automap -- the waveform toggle switches or the Arp stuff.  It doesn't seem to recognize any of these as having CC values, no matter what I manually change the Remote SL to.

Any suggestions?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines