March 28, 2024, 12:00:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute amplification  (Read 4916 times)

barbablu

Microbrute amplification
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:59:20 pm »
Hello everyone!

I just got a MicroBrute and love it! Right now I'm playing it plugged into the tiny power amp I use for my computer, and it sounds ok, but I'm looking for a better way to amplify it (for use at home and for small gigs eventually).

Has anyone tried hooking the MicroBrute to a bass amp? I'd love to hear how that would sound. If such a setup sounds good I might consider the purchase of a small combo bass amp.
Or how would it fare with a regular guitar combo amp? Or is it better still to use a "keyboard" amp?

Thank you!

Bacon

Re: Microbrute amplification
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:28:06 am »
I'd say that it depends on what you're going to use your Microbrute for. If you intend it only for bass duties, a bass amp would work, and for leads and solos that really cut through, a guitar amp would do.
But a keyboard amp with a beefy bottom end is the more versatile choice, especially if you pair the synth up with a good multi-effect (or a few guitar pedals). You'll be able to get the clean Microbrute sound in all ranges, which neither a bass amp nor a guitar amp will deliver since they're designed to color the sound in different ways. If you buy the right amp it will also give you just as much bass oomph as a bass amp.
When rehearsing and gigging with my band, I run my Microbrute through a Zoom MS-50g into our PA system. I usually only have some flanger and delay from the Zoom, but when I want to play a solo with a distorted, guitar amp like sound, the amp models in the Zoom deliver any amount of dist and any amp/cabinet flavor I need.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines