March 28, 2024, 10:09:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Another broken Keybed/conditions of warranty?  (Read 7047 times)

inkuplex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Another broken Keybed/conditions of warranty?
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:36:23 am »
Just got my first analog synth today and like many recently it came with the Middle C's keybed cracked off. I did some research around the forum but there's nothing it seems I can do other than wait from my seller to replace the model with hopefully a non-cracked one. However I am curious, in the future if something like this happens again am I able to remove the casing/peek under the hood without voiding warranty? Hope too see a solid solution from Arturia as they've come onto the scene with quite a positive reputation. Keeping my fingers crossed for another couple weeks until the replacement arrives.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Another broken Keybed/conditions of warranty?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:38 am »
I'm not certain as I've not looked, but I imagine that there's one of those silver 'void if broken' tabs over a screw head, or bridging the casing somewhere. So the second you prise the cover off it will break and void your warranty. I'd love to put wooden sides on both my brute and spark but will wait until the warranty is up before even attempting unscrewing anything.
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Varthdader

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:19:09 pm »
There are official Arturia instructions on how to open up your Minibrute to check some stuff, so just opening up the synth might not be an issue.

But, just to be extra sure, I would first wait to get official instructions myself from Arturia before trying to open the Minibrute.

There has been official confirmation that the key issue is affecting some Minibrutes, so I guess that all we are waiting for is any firm dates to have this fixed.

If you can, be patient and wait for any more information from Bruno here or through after sales support.

inkuplex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:14:02 am »
I'm not sure if it's more advantageous to return through my online retailer or seek a remedy from Arturia as it appears they are still working on it but may have an updated keybed. Still it's killing me to have a NIB Minibrute sitting around and not being able to blare some noise.  :-\

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:24:19 am »
we are currently working on this issue, you'll have news soon.
anyway if it's broken, you should ask for a exchange with your retailer.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

inkuplex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:40 am »
Thanks Bruno, I've just finished that process and my new replacement is on the way (fingers crossed). If it happens again should I contact Arturia directly?

callockard

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:48 am »
To my dismay I received my NEW Minibrute today with the broken key issue. Soon as I opened the box I saw through the plastic wrap the middle B and C keys sticking up!  :o Really?  I even read these threads before buying it and thought "what are the chances..." Right.
I have contacted my retailer first- waiting to hear back, but I have a strong feeling now even an exchanged unit may still be broken.

phenomenal sound tho...
I was hoping for one of those new and improved keybeds but I guess not in production yet?
Is there any way to know what serial numbers are the bad batch?  Maybe a second return can be avoided.

inkuplex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 07:39:38 am »
Right? I know the feeling was like "might as well get an idea what it sounds like before sending it back" as soon as I hit the first key on a pulse wave and I recoiled, felt like I poked a snake. That 'oh god it's alive' feeling you get from an Analog, had a similar experience with my first tube amp. Keep checking the forums Bruno says we will have a solution soon.

Sunil

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 06:28:55 pm »
Received mine today. Two keys, one up and one down.
Please advise on a solution.

Thanks.

callockard

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »
 Received the replacement unit today and happy to report no key damage!

BobbyRich

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 10:47:53 pm »
Just got my second replacement minibrute with defective keys today. Sending it back and spending my money elsewhere.

Dav1d

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 01:47:05 pm »
Finally, this is an official announcement.

"We are of course aware of the issue that affected some Minibrute units in two specific production batches from 2013.
We did investigate and found the cause of the issue. (At a certain points during the production of the keybed parts, the injection of plastic into the mold was not done at constant temperature. This created a weakness in some keys.)
This concerns in fact a limited number of products even if people having issues are naturally more vocal -and have all the rights to be. Less than 4% of the keyboards within these two batches were affected. Still Arturia did replace all keybeds in their entire stock and so did their distributors as well. We are aware that some units have reached end-users this is why we extended the guarantee to three years on the MiniBrute keybeds. Of course we have put more quality controls on the production following this problem.
In any case the Special Edition comes with keybeds that have been tested right. So you should not be scared.
As a conclusion we understand the frustration of customers who trusted us and got issues with the MiniBrute. We have replaced faulty units as quickly as we could, along with our distribution partners and we will keep on doing so when needed. But it should not affect the value of a good product that is reliable and used by many musicians now."

We just received a shipment of containers in regard of the Keybeds issues.
Depending on the warranty period, we can send the new Keybeds directly from you or from our distributors:
==> http:// [url]http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/buy/distributors.html [/ url]

For the US : us_support@arturia.com

For the rest of the world, If you have not received a reply or you're out area, please write an email to the following address:
distributors.support@arturia.com

We need this specific information:
1/ A picture showing the issue
2/ Your address and phone number
3/ For the warranty, a proof of purchase of the product.

Please note that we will do our best to provide you with keyboards in Timely Manner.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:40:07 pm by Dav1d »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines