April 26, 2024, 08:06:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: miniMg program change = audio glitches - pops & poofs  (Read 2894 times)

Synner

miniMg program change = audio glitches - pops & poofs
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:22:54 am »
Help!

Ok - I've been at this for quite some time - building my "perfect" performance system...

I am hosting 8 Virtual VST Synths across two computers and two copies of Ableton Live.
My goal is to be able to have access to 20 pre-programmed sounds per virtual synth available during live Live performances...

I must first say that everything is working beautifully - including BPM sync across all the hardware and VSTs.

MY PROBLEM:

When sending midi patch change commands to some VST synths - I get very minor audio glitches or small pops and poofs in the main output. Minor yes - but they are there!

I have it set up so that only one VST track receives the midi program change at any one time

- the other tracks are not activated.

It happens with FM7, impOSCAR and the miniMg VSt.

It happes on both PC's.

It doesn't happen on Absynth. Albino, Blue, Wave or Vanguard.
(could these be coded more closly to the VST specs?)

----

I have played with various buffer settings to no avail (just get the same result and more latency).

I've tried giving Live a higher task priority. Makes it worse...

The system spec on both machines is top end with loads of memory, powerful CPU's and I'm

using Delta 1010's with ASIO drivers for the hardware in/out...

My CPU usages in Live are 18% and 12% respectively...

----

I added the second CPU to share the workload and it has done wonders.

Now if I could just solve this last very irritating problem... I can start making some recordings!

Any suggestions?

Synner

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines