March 28, 2024, 10:15:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Retrigger ADSR envelope  (Read 6169 times)

johnymakaa

Retrigger ADSR envelope
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:24 pm »
Is there a way to get the ADSR envelope to retrigger between notes? Specifically the attack. I am playing a sequence and would like a slow attack between notes. The attack is retriggered only after the previous note has fully shut off.

Thanks!

primvla

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Retrigger ADSR envelope
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 11:12:36 pm »
Check "Envelope Legato Mode" in the MicroBrute Connection Software.

EDIT: sorry, I missed the "playing a sequence". I don't know how Legato settings affect sequencer behavior.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:16:31 pm by primvla »

hzd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:32:50 am »
I guess that setting has no effect on a sequence, because the sequencer can't tie notes together.

johnymakaa

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »
Is there a way to get the ADSR envelope to retrigger between notes? Specifically the attack. I am playing a sequence and would like a slow attack between notes. The attack is retriggered only after the previous note has fully shut off.

Thanks!

To clarify my question, this page is useful for reference: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct00/articles/synthsec.htm (search on the page for 'trigger')

Excerpt: "For example, does the keyboard send a trigger only when all existing notes are released and a new key is pressed in isolation (so-called 'single triggering')? If so, do the contour generators allow sound to pass for the whole duration of the Gate? Alternatively, does the keyboard generate a trigger whenever you press a key, irrespective of whether existing notes are depressed or not (so-called 'multi-triggering')?"

My question, in the context of the above is if the MicroBrute can support "multi-triggering"? It appears to be "single-triggering".

Mahalo!

Bacon

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:10:20 am »
By default the Microbrute is set to multi triggering, but it can be set to single triggering using the Microbrute Connection software. The parameter is Envelope Legato Mode, and the settings are On (= single triggering) and Off (= multi triggering). You can also set the note priority (under Keyboard Parameters), which will also have an effect on how the notes and envelopes are triggered when you play the keyboard or notes are received over MIDI or CV/Gate.

For what you want to do the triggering mode and note priority don't matter since there is no overlap between notes when the sequencer is playing. That is, the gate is turned off between notes so the envelope will retrigger on every sequencer step no matter what triggering mode the synth is set to.

But this may help you get something close to what you want: On the Microbrute front panel, in the Envelope section, set the VCA switch to Env, and set the Release slider fairly high. Play a sequence and adjust Attack and Release to taste.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines