March 28, 2024, 12:06:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Faint oscillation sound in headphones??  (Read 2846 times)

djenzyme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Faint oscillation sound in headphones??
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »
I'm a complete noob with hardware synths so please excuse me if i ask anything stupid.

I've had the MicroBrute for a few hours and its taken that long to figure out the missing patterns issue on the sequencer which, as it turns out, isn't even an issue :))

When i set up the 'basic patch' from the manual, I'm getting a faint sound coming through my headphones, it sounds like oscillation of some kind and is affected if i start messing with any parameters. Playing the keyboard creates notes as expected but this faint sound is always there in the background.

Whats weird is this happens with the master volume knob half way up. If i turn the volume up higher, the sound i described gets fainter until the volume is all the way up, at which point the sound disappears.

Is this an issue or not? I'm guessing it is because it renders the volume knob a bit useless, for example, i will need to have it turned full all the time to prevent that unwanted noise from being recorded.

Cliffsides

Re: Faint oscillation sound in headphones??
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 11:53:52 pm »
Had the same issue and returned it to the store I bought it from.  Try tweaking the "Ultrasaw" knob.  I noticed that this turned the whine up and down and basically rendered the Ultrasaw useless (as well as the volume knob as you'd mentioned)

Return it and get a new one...

djenzyme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:07:45 pm »
So it's definitely not meant to do this? I'm waiting for an official reply from support but it's a bit worrying about the quality control. On my unit the play switch on the sequencer doesn't click into place properly, the other 3 way switches all have a nice click to them.

I guess I may well have to return it but I'm waiting for an e-mail back from support, I'm new to synths so I'm half expecting that I've just done something wrong but it's a bit of a weird behaviour for the volume control...

Yanneck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:41:38 am »

djenzyme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 11:56:11 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, at least i know its not just me. Not sure if i like the idea of opening the Microbrute myself though, doesn't that void the warranty?

djenzyme

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »
Just received a replacement unit and there is no unusual sound coming through the master volume! :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines