March 28, 2024, 08:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Fine tune analog lab A 444hz instead of A 440hz  (Read 8213 times)

andrewcauthen

Fine tune analog lab A 444hz instead of A 440hz
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:00 am »
Is there a way to do this? I'd like to set it A 444hz instead of A 440hz. Thank you! <3

"A 440 hz, the standard in western tuning of instruments was first used and made standard by the nazis in the 30s. A 440 is the most dissonant and harshest sounding to the ear. It was made standard to create anxiety and fear and tension in anyone who listens to it. The original tuning used by Mozart, etc was A 432hz. Its considered to be more natural and based on the fibonacci sequence. A 444 corresponds with C 528 which is known as the love frequency. This frequency can repair DNA and has an overall positive effect on the body. Choose one of these frequencies to retune all of your music to. Use will notice a huge difference. Or listen to some samples on youtube first. I tend to prefer A 444 and have retuned my piano and most music to it. peace."

dualcitizen

Re: Fine tune analog lab A 444hz instead of A 440hz
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:50:08 am »
No disrespect to your question, but the guy who wrote that quote is a nut job: http://www.skepdic.com/horowitz.html

I don't think there's any scientific evidence to suggest 440 is any healthier or more dissonant than 444.

That said, there is a master tune in Analog Lab in the top middle, I think.

psmich

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 12:44:20 am »
Don't worry Andrew.  Your request is not without merit or unusual and Dualcitizen was very disrespectful to you in my opinion.

schneurg14@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 01:47:25 am »
andrewcauthen, I came across this because I was looking to tune Analog Lab to 429.8 because that is what my piano is currently tuned to (it just has to be tuned up to 440 over multiple tunings).

I just thought I should tell you that I was on your side of the fence, regarding the 432 tuning concept, but now I am not for one simple reason.

Hertz is just a measurement of cycles over time, where 1 hertz is 1 cycle per second, correct?
Now, our measurement of time is not really scientific. There isn't really a reason to divide up time SPECIFICALLY as we do, we've just all decided to say "24 hours a day, 60 minutes an hour and 60 seconds a minute." It could technically be divided up any other way.

Therefore, saying that one tuning is better, or more in tune with the universe than the other can't make sense. The foundation of how me are measuring the sound, i.e the actual measurement of the hertz, is scientifically arbitrary.

It could be that there actually are tunings that are more in tune with the universe, but 432 or 444 as you are choosing to put it, because of love are simply not the right place to be looking.

TL,DR: Hertz is arbitrary.

I hope I explained this well enough that it can make sense to you guys. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk everyone ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines