March 28, 2024, 09:17:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9  (Read 91687 times)

Basil24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 04:47:24 pm »
Here:

No bluehand for me.

Basil24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:10 am »
Anyone?
I would really like to get this working with Live.
My OS is Yosemite if that helps.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 11:35:51 am »
Did you store in keylab memory the Keylab xx-Live.keylabxx file with the MCC ?

Pease read again my PDF. You've missed some points :
- Select your KL as a Control Surface in Live preferences and select only the input. Let the output on NONE
- In the Midi Port section select also only Input track and Remote.

.......testing.......

Rhobi327

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 10:12:10 pm »
Hello everyone.

Trying to get everything to run smoothly with my KL49, however, the Arturia Keylab 49-61 option is not showing up for me under controller surfaces. I know others have had this issue but I have searched everywhere without finding any clear solution. I have already imported the live mapping into the Midi Control Center, saved it and installed the script folder into the User Remote Scripts but it does not seem to be helping.  Is there something I am missing?

Someone help a fellow frustrated musician out.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 09:36:07 am »
If the KL is not in the list that means that you didn't put the folder at the right place.
Check that :
- you have placed the folder in the latest version folder of Live
- put the folder itself and not only the files that were in the folder
.......testing.......

Rhobi327

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:24 am »
Okay I dropped the entire "Arturia Keylab 49-61" folder with the user script into

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live (latest version)\Preferences\User Remote Scripts\

but it is still not showing up for me under controller surfaces. I wish I was a bit more tech savy but I'm not. I have followed every direction given throughout every pdf in every one of the downloads for the keylab; Software Center, Analog Lab and Control center but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't show up. I can see the keylab under input and output but not in the controller surface. Any other ideas what could be going wrong?

Appreciate the quick reply.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 09:22:27 am »
What is you version of live ?
With some old version of Live such as 9.0.6 you can have such problem.
.......testing.......

Rhobi327

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015, 04:42:59 am »
Wow, I never would have noticed. Okay so It looks like ableton only implemented the automatic updates after 9.0.6. I was running on a previous version so I just now realized I needed to go upgrade it manually. Thanks for being so attentive Ben! It finally showed up for me in the control surface. Everything is working beautifully now and I couldn't be happier :)

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2015, 09:14:28 am »
You're welcome !
Nice if it's working great now !
.......testing.......

oliscrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 12:47:17 pm »
Hello,

I doesn't work for the moment for me in ableton.
I can see the keylab 49 in my preferences in ableton.
I click on edit and recall on the keylab, then i choose the value 1 where i saved the preset of midi controler, and validate it clicking on value/preset button but when i'm on bank 2 , no knobs or fader is responding ....

Can someone help me ?

dparez

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »
Hello,

I have the same issue as oliscrat.. I have followed all the instruction, but keylab 49 still does not respond. I can use it as a controler, do manual mappings etc. but instant mapping does not work..
My firmware version is 1.33, I have stored the needed config to memory 2 and recalls it when I want to use keylab with ableton.. My ableton live is 9.1.4. I can see "Keylab 49-61" in control surfaces, I have set the input to "KeyLab 49", Output is "none" and "Track" is on.

I really appreciate your help, I cant wait to make it work )

Thank you

Uplay

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 03:46:19 pm »
Okay, here is my finding how to configure Keylab 49 to work with Ableton Live 9.2.2 as a MIDI controller for Mac OS X.

1) Keylab firmware must be v1.33 or later
2) Place the Keylab 49 user script file to:
Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/library/preferences/Ableton/Live (latest version)/user remote scripts/
(in order to open this library simply hold ALT then go to finder “GO” menu and choose “library”.
Note: This is NOT a python script so you do not need to show inside package of Ableton.

3) Restart Ableton
4) In Ableton preference dialog, enable the Keylab script as Control Surface and INPUT. Enable Track and Remote for MIDI ports > INPUT section.
5) Start a song. Move Modulation wheel and see what happens. If Ableton stops by moving modulation wheel, confirm the "Num" value on Keylab display. If it is not "001", then hit "Edit" button and "CC" button, then change the "Num" value to 001.
6) If everything works fine, make sure you save the keylab's working memory to your local template file just in case.

Hope that helps!  :D

Loreto Grebige

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2015, 12:04:53 am »
Hello,

I tried all day to get my keylab 61 black edition working on ableton live 9. I did everything that was in the PDF, updated the firmware, used the MCC, managed to put the latest script I could find into the right folder... but:
Keylab 49 doesn't show up in Preferences for me under the Control Surface drop down menu. 
I woulb be very grateful if I had an answer to my question.
Im using live 9.5, a mac book pro retina with OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5, for information.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers from Paris,

Loreto

mac.tad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 06:42:18 pm »
Hi!

Are there any news regarding KeyLab88? simply changing the extension from .keylab4961 to .keylab88 doesnt work. Isnt the bigger keyboard the only difference between the units?

Thanks for help!

Gribs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »
Hi!

Are there any news regarding KeyLab88? simply changing the extension from .keylab4961 to .keylab88 doesnt work. Isnt the bigger keyboard the only difference between the units?

Thanks for help!

Good question.  I am supposed to receive a Keylab 88 tomorrow and would like to know the answer to this.  It is not critical, but it would be nice to know.

- Gribs
Arturia product owner / licenser
V Collection, SparkLE, BeatStep Pro, Keylab 88, iSpark, iSem

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines