March 19, 2024, 12:15:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9  (Read 91260 times)

jszetho

Re: KEYLAB WITH ABLETON LIVE 8/9
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
Hey,

I have followed all the instructions regarding how to get user remote scripts working with the Keylab 25 and Ableton, however I had to find the new location to install the "user remote scripts" because of the update which moves this folder to "MIDI remote scripts" within the .app package contents (Mac OS).

I can select the Keylab 25 from the "control surface" drop menu in the Ableton preferences, however I can't seem to control any settings/parameters in Ableton from the physical Keylab 25 parameter dials. It should be noted that I cannot get the purple hand to show up either which is supposed to indicate which group of parameters will be controlled.

I am suspicious that the existing user remote scripts don't work with the updated Ableton version (9.1.1 or 2)? Because everything seems like it should work, except for the actually ability to control everything from the Keylab midi controller...

Please help!

Thanks

scbrown333

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:24 am »
Keylab 49 doesn't show up in Preferences for me under the Control Surface drop down menu.  Ableton recognizes the Keylab as a midi port and I can map everything manually, but the auto mapping doesn't seem to be an option for me.

barryfell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 12:47:29 pm »
When I use my Keylab 25 as a general MIDI controller with this Live control script the encoders don't work properly.  They jump up to 25, then accelerate up to 127 with a tiny movement.

There is no problem with the faders, which send CC 0-127 smoothly and slowly as expected.  However, i'm getting trouble with the likes of MIDI learn on VSTs.

Any idea what could be wrong?

There is no problem with the encoders when I use them with Analog Lab, and no problem when I don't use this script.

Basically, the only reason I can see I need for this script is to enable the transport, which doesn't work without it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:12:34 pm by barryfell »

rewireme

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »
page with script is missing, can someone upload it please?

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 08:57:37 am »
.......testing.......

lewisbradshaw

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »
I just installed this on to my mac, everythings working great! just the transport controls dont seem to work, only the loop button. They wont even work if i try to map them myself, i saw a few other people had this problem, anyone manage to fix it?

Thanks!

notorioussnake

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 09:56:59 am »
is there a script for ableton live with the keylab88. or can i use the one existing for the keylab49/61.
thanks

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 09:12:41 am »
Sorry, no scrip is available yet for the KL88.
.......testing.......

p4p3r

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 07:44:39 pm »
Hello,

any estimate of when a script for the Keylab88 will be available?
I'm reverse engineering the keylab61 patch and the corresponding ableton script to make it work with my 88 but it's time consuming...

=== UPDATE (2015/01/19):
I've been fighting my lazyness this weekend and created a configuration/template for the Keylab88 based on the official resources provided for the Keylab61.
Attached to this post is an archive containing two things:
- "AbletonLiveTemplate.keylab88" is the MIDI configuration to be loaded in one available memory slot on the Keylab88 using the MIDIControlCenter
- the "Arturia Keylab 88" folder must be copied to Live's User Remote Scripts folder and contains the mappings between midi CC messages and Ableton Live controls.
Please follow the instructions provided by Arturia for the Keylab61's template (downloadable here: http://www.arturia.com/keylab61/resources) and you should be good.

The mapping is the same as the official one provided for the Keylab61 (see first post in this thread).

Hope it's going to be useful to other users!
======

Claudio
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:39:29 pm by p4p3r »

J Flimsy

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:12 am »
New to my Keylab 61, honestly had endless problems with very limited help, and here I am again.

BUT, I've followed the instructions on the PDF and am up to installing the 'Arturia keylab 49-61' folder into
Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/library/preferences/Ableton/Live (latest version)/user remote scripts/,
However I cant find this 'ableton' folder.

I can go: Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/BUT THERES NO LIBRARY FOLDER HERE!
or:          Macintosh HD/library/preferences/BUT THERES NO ABLETON FOLDER HERE!

The only 'ableton' folder I have is where the 'factory packs' and 'live recordings' folders are...

Please help Mr. Ben Arturia

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 09:28:08 am »
In the pdf there's this tip :
(in order to open this library simply hold ALT then go to finder “GO” menu and choose “library”.

Or this way :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTGVNH7N7uk
.......testing.......

Basil24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 09:03:53 am »
Any ideas how to get this working on Keylab61?
I have followed instructions and installed it to both: 9.16 32bit and 9.1 64bit Live and i can choose Keylab as controller in both, but none of the knobs/faders work as said in the PDF document.

Yes i loaded the Live template via MidiControlCenter and updated firmware.
What next?

p4p3r

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2015, 01:59:33 pm »
@Basil24, did you select Bank2 on your Keylab? That's the group of knobs and faders mapped to Live's faders and macros. Bank1 still sends CC messages picked up by the Analog Lab.

Claudio

Basil24

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 02:25:30 pm »
Yes i did. No controller changes anything. What to try next? Should there be some visual indication that setup is ok? Like colored retangle  or "blue hand" or something?

p4p3r

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 08:35:45 pm »
Yes in my case I have the blue hand icon, and it appears only if the Keylab is setup in Live's midi configuration. So yes definitely, if it's not there it means Live is not configured properly.

Can you share a screenshot of Live midi configuration panel?

- Claudio

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines