March 19, 2024, 05:55:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: midi sync clock of minibrute to xoxbox? help?  (Read 3702 times)

shrimpizza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
midi sync clock of minibrute to xoxbox? help?
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:24:15 pm »
hi.  i am a cv/gave kind of person but i wanted to try syncing my minibrute to the clock out of my xoxbox via midi.  i ran my midi cable from my out on my xoxbox to the in of the minibrute and ...um, nothing.  not sync'd.  help?

zedius

Re: midi sync clock of minibrute to xoxbox? help?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:17:44 am »
I'm pretty sure the Minibrute should sync automatically (to a fault, if you ask some people), so you will need to make sure your x0xb0x is set as clock master (not sure how to do that; I don't have one).

If you're sure the x0xb0x is set as master clock, and sync is still not working, I would next try power cycling the Minibrute with the midi in hooked up to the x0xb0x; the brute may need to find its clock source during a start-up cycle, though I don't think this is the case it is worth a shot.

shrimpizza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:59:37 am »
i will try your power cycling solution.  i have the midi cable running from the xoxbox midi out to the minibrute midi in.  i have the xoxbox on "pattern sync out" which means it is sending out a midi clock. 

i have the minibrute lfo set to arp.  from what i understand, the external midi clock controls the arp clock.  but the mini clock is clearly not synced...i hit play on the xoxbox and as it plays its sequence i adjust the tempo but there is no affect on the minibrute's arp clock. 

at a big loss.  either the cable is bad or the xoxbox isn't sending a signal i guess?  help?

also, what setting are you supposed to have arp at optimally when using external midi clock?  where should you have the internal arp tempo set?  0, noon, something else?

zedius

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:03:15 pm »
Could be the cable, could be the brute, could be the xox. Quick way to tell would be to try a different cable. Also, I believe you should be able to use the xox keyboard to play the mini rite right? Is that working?

Could also check that the midi channels are matched up on both devices. Doesn't usually matter for clock but you never know!

Do you have a way to connect your xoxbox midi out to a computer or an iPad/iPhone? It might be helpful to hook it up to midi monitoring software if you're really stuck. Then you could see whether the clock pulses are occurring.

shrimpizza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 01:57:48 am »
thanks for all this help.  i am going to try all these things this weekend.  from what i can tell the keyboard on the xoxbox won't because according to xoxbox sources the midi clock out is only ever being sent when "run" is on.

i have no other midi devices!  i figure i will try a new cable and/or then borrow something simple.  thanks!  i will post an update sunday!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines