March 28, 2024, 02:27:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark high CPU usage  (Read 4067 times)

Harlock89

Spark high CPU usage
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:48:11 pm »
Hello, I use Spark since 2 years and I never had problems, until now: i formatted my PC, I reinstalled everything as it was, but now the software is unstable and it uses a lot of CPU: a default 20% without playing it, and from 40 to 90 playing it.

It happens using it as standalone, as VST in Live 9, and with or without the Spark controller.

OS, Soundcard and Ableton version are the same as before.

It happens with Spark 1 and with the 2.

I tried to change Ableton version, to uninstall and reinstall Spark, to use different versions of it, to use different audio drivers and soundcards, but nothing changes: it always eats too much CPU, and this is frustrating because it's unusable.

Is there a solution?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark high CPU usage
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:01:01 am »
Hi check your audio cards buffer settings .

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Mindtraveller

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:28:51 pm »
Hi,

I have the same problem. I experimented a little bit and found out that, when loading a new kit/preset CPU usage is around ~15-17% and when I play a little bit with the patterns it increases and stays at ~30-35%. Surprisingly  it decreases to ~17% when pressing the stop button of the sequencer even if the sequencer was already stopped and not used at all. I checked my audio card settings and tried different audio drivers, but the problem stays the same. This seems to be a very awkward bug. I'd like to use Spark more often in my projects but due to the high CPU usage one can not really work with it, when using a few other synths, etc. Please fix it :-)

Please reply to this post if you have the same problem, because then it's more likely to be perceived and fixed.

Adrian

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:41:57 pm »
Hi there is a update coming very soon just in test ing at the moment. fixing loads of bugs

Terrym

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Real Soon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »
Having the same problem when in VST mode with my Spark LE...I could run the dry drums with only a few crackles, but adding the FX to sends/channels put it over the top. Hard to do on this computer.

I have enough overhead to run it on standalone, luckily, and it's great there.

Glad to hear an update is coming soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines