March 19, 2024, 03:19:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: does analog factory come with the usb dongle?  (Read 4101 times)

halfguard

does analog factory come with the usb dongle?
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:08:30 pm »
i want to get analog factory but i cant see if it comes with the dongle? if not can i put it on one i already have? thanx for any help...

tedriot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:35:28 pm »

Sawtooth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 02:31:46 am »
yes it does, I had the same question when I was considering buying the program.

AndyJapan

Analog Factory 2.0 does NOT come with Syncrosoft dongle
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 08:20:53 am »
Folks,
the dongle is no more part of the Analog Factory 2.0 package.
I just received Analog Factory 2.0 and it only came with the manual, and a plastic card with the registration number.

They have included an erratum to the manual which says:

==========================
In this package you will find:

- The user manual
- a CD-ROM containing Analog Factory 2.0 installer for MAC OSX and Windows XP/3500
- A registration card (credit card format) including the software Syncrosoft activation code and Arturia's online registration code.

The software activation code is related to the Syncrosoft Copy-protection system. In order to function correctly, the Syncrosoft drivers must be installed on your system.

The installation program for the Syncrosoft License Control Center is available on the Analog Factory 2.0 CD-Rom and will be launched automatically when the installation of Analog Factory is completed.

You can also download the latest version at this address:

http://www.syncrosoft.com/downloads

[..]

Important Note:

Once the license is installed on your computer, it will not be possible to use Analog Factory on other computers. Please make sure to do the activation on the computer you prefer to Analog Factory 2.0 on.

In case you need to use Analog Factory 2.0 on different computers, transfer your software code on an USB Syncrosoft key. However, this feature will be available December 2007 only. To purchase a Syncrosoft USB key, also known as e-licenser, please visit www.arturia.com and go to the online store.
==========================

Note: The above text is an excerpt of the erratum. I didn't correct typos (e.g. Windows XP/3500) or grammar.

This is certainly disappointing and annoying as one has to buy the dongle in addition to AF2. They should mention this in the product description on the website.

Update:
Arturia actually mentions on the website (under Specs) that Analog Factory 2.0 does not come with an USB dongle. I either overlooked it or they updated the website recently.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines