April 19, 2024, 10:00:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sequencer overwrote a sequence/not playing proper pattern at power on  (Read 1676 times)

vuuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
i've had no problems until today with my microbrute -- hopefully it's just a software fix.

to start, when i turn on the microbrute, when the sequencer knob is at, say, 6, it will play sequence 1. this happens no matter where the knob is pointing when i power it on. however if i turn the knob away from its starting position and then back, it will play the pattern that is actually at that location, and not pattern 1.

until today! the knob was at 6, i turned it on, it played pattern 1 like usual, so i turned the knob away and back to 6....but sequence 1 seems permanently loaded into slot six as well now :/ i wonder if i did something like move the switch to "record" and back to "off" before doing anything else, which may have just saved that pattern since i didn't add any other input?

either way, seems like an issue with this is that even if the knob isn't on pattern 1 when you turn on the synth, it will still play pattern 1 regardless, until you move the knob.

vuuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: sequencer overwrote a sequence/not playing proper pattern at power on
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:43 pm »
ok! so i just replicated the problem, and my assumption was right. the problem is that the knob plays the wrong pattern when you start it up. if you flip the switch to record, then back to off it saves the pattern like it's supposed to, but because it plays pattern 1 no matter what, before moving the knob, it saves pattern 1 to wherever the knob is.

so...sounds like it could be something dealt with in the update software? when i power on the synth, it'd be cool if the pattern knob played the sequence it's pointing at right away. now that i know, i'll be more careful and it's not a dealbreaker, though, just a quirk :)

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: sequencer overwrote a sequence/not playing proper pattern at power on
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:49:13 pm »
well done vuuv !
Thank you for the detailed bug report !  ;D
Actually it seems to happen only with fw 1.0.3.2
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:26:38 pm by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines