March 19, 2024, 10:35:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Micro/Mini Brute as hardware Controller for V-Collection  (Read 4506 times)

dhardway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Micro/Mini Brute as hardware Controller for V-Collection
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:40:28 pm »
Greetings,

Apologies if this questions has already been answered in previous posts. 

Can the Micro or Minibrute be used as a hardware controller for V-Collection (or other VST synths)?  I have over a dozen VST synths and Novation Zero SLII but it is very time-consuming to do through the process of setting up the CV assignments (e.g., assigning buttons to slides, slides to knobs, etc.).

I have a variety of synths but am challenged in tweaking the sounds, mouse is not getting it done and manually assign CV is a major pain (obstacle).  I know that the Mini/Micro brutes have CV and MIDI capabilities (and some type of editor software) but does this mean can it be connected to other VST synths, such as Omnisphere, U-he Diva, etc.   For example there are hardware controllers for G-force's Imposcar and even for U-he's Diva, however they are very, very expensive.

Also, if these devices do provide this feature, is there an existing template (at least for V-Collection synths).

I am interested in purchasing either of the two but this will be a major selling point and I cannot find thorough information on this topic elsewhere.  I would love someone else's input who has actually used either devices in this manner.

Thank you...again I am a newbie.

Bacon

Re: Micro/Mini Brute as hardware Controller for V-Collection
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:30:23 am »
Short answer: No.

Long answer: The 'brutes are (almost) pure analog synths of the same kind as the classic synths of the 70s, like the MiniMg. This means that the sliders and pots do not have any A/D converters that can translate thier movements to MIDI messages, with the exception of the mod wheel and pitch bend wheel, which do send MIDI messages. The keyboards transmit note-on, note-off, velocity, and, in the case of the Minibrute, aftertouch. That's it.

Their CV and gate ports are of no use with a VST instrument.

dhardway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:21:13 am »
Thanks...is there any product under $600 that you can suggest for this purpose?

Fortunato

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:47:33 pm »
Thanks...is there any product under $600 that you can suggest for this purpose?

an analog synth that can double as a midi controller?
look at novation's bass station 2.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines