March 28, 2024, 01:20:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sensitive pitch LFO?  (Read 2659 times)

zedius

Sensitive pitch LFO?
« on: January 19, 2014, 04:57:18 am »
Hey, curious to know how everyone's doing with the pitch LFO? I find that it's very sensitive so I can only see it being good for crazy effects.

For example, turning the knob to the very first line to the right (+) results in the note I play going from -1 to +1 semitone. This is essentially the smallest amount of pitch lfo I can apple. Am I missing something?

I can get more subtle vibrato using the vibrato setting on the mod wheel, but it still travels from "pretty" to "crazy" after about the first 8th of the mod wheel applied.

So is there a method to control the maximum depth of these controls and not just the rate?

Thanks!

Motown

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sensitive pitch LFO?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48:06 pm »
Hi zedius!

Interesting question! I had the same problem and was trying around a bit. When you use the MOD Wheel with the LFO Amt you can control the crazyness of the pitch a bit. And also when the LFO is synced to the Arp you can do some funny stuff.

That's what i found.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:02 am »
yeah i only use it for crazy effects

i mean i have gotten it to separate by an octave or two (using the square lfo) but meh with the arpeggiator no need to use it that way.

also good tips from Motown

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:27:31 am »
So is there a method to control the maximum depth of these controls and not just the rate?

no you can't control maximum depth...
the best way to have small amounts is to set amount in lfo, at a small value(let say +10%), and assign modwheel on LFO.
the modwheel will let control the amount from 0 to 10% on its whole range
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

zedius

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »
Thanks all! Motown, Bruno, the mod wheel trick is just what I needed. It has given me a new lease on the Minibrute - it sounds amazing and I have gone from being kind of disappointed with the pitch LFO to loving its quirks.

Stevism, one cool thing I found regarding octave separation (and I think Motown alluded to this as well) is that if you sync it to a slow arp with a faster LFO you can essentially get more notes into a sequence by using a sawtooth or square wave. Instead of using up arp/sequencer slots to repeat notes in a phrase you can just have the lfo do it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines