March 19, 2024, 08:42:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)  (Read 63661 times)

andrewtoronto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:49 pm »
bump...where is ARTURIA????

primvla

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 11:36:29 am »
Naturally the MicroBrute is set to retrig the SEQ on each note, so it should start each note totally in time.

Well, my MB does not retrigger its sequencer on each note. I mean, it does retrigger a sequence but not the sequencer tick phase. It (the phase) remains the same from the moment I turn on the power on MB no matter if I press keyboard, play/stop seq, tap TAP button,... It may be off, say for a quarter, and when MB receives new MIDI clock, it's still quarter off, so MB registers external clock allright. But there is no mechanism to retrigger sequencer exactly on phase other than turn-off and on the machine and hope you hit it the right time (or start everything else in your MIDI setup according to MB).

I can't reproduce your situation, I admit, I didn't even try. If I understand it correctly: you are sending midi note-on messages from your DAW to MB, which is playing its sequence? What is the tempo of your DAW sequence? The same as MB's sequencer? And MB clock is midi synced to DAW? Or are you running them idependently and you are comparing / measuring MB SEQ's accuracy in relation to DAW's?

And yes, where is Arturia? At least some sort of problem confirmation (is this a bug on some of the devices or an awkward feature of the machine) would calm my turmoil :)

Again, future firmware request: Make it so that when the sequencer is retriggered under external midi clock, the seq's phase is retriggered, too (that's a normal behavior of my other synth's seqs and arps).

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 01:37:21 pm »
I just recently bought my microbrute (which is wonderful BTW!) and can confirm that I am having this problem also.  This is a real problem for me as I was looking to trigger sequences live, but this problem rather puts a hold on that plan :-(

It's simple to reproduce.  Get a simple drum track in Live going, sync the MB to Live, press record to kick things off and record the MB direct back to Live, You'll see it's out by what looks like 16th compared to the drum track. Very frustrating!

So another one for "Arturia please respond" I'm afraid.

== Update ==
Hmm, ok, I'm starting to wonder how much of this is Live's fault (it is notorious for bad midi sync) so will try syncing to external drum machine tonight and see how that compares)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:52:43 am by softbase »

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 02:31:29 am »
I am having the same problem and frustration.

M.

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:04 pm »
Ok. I got the microbrute and Live to run off the same clock coming from my korg es1. I slowed the BPM down to 20 and you can hear and see that the two are very definitely out of step. One thing I noticed was that the MB does not start/stop with the drum machine so it is literally only taking clock nothing else by the look of it. So it's in time but not synced to the external song/pattern.

I have video of this if that would help.

Please can we have some sort of recognition that this is a problem?
I really, really don't want to take the MB back, but as it stands it's of little use to me :(

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 06:17:28 pm »
bump

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »
The off beat sync is now referenced as bug for us.

Highvoltage
The problem you have is linked with the latency of your sound card i guess ?
Try increase or decrease buffer length.
.......testing.......

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 12:25:06 pm »

Fantastic!  Thank you Ben!
You guys are great :-)

andrewtoronto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »

Highvoltage
The problem you have is linked with the latency of your sound card i guess ?
Try increase or decrease buffer length.

referenced as a bug? what does that even mean? WILL THIS GET FIXED??

this is not a latency issue nor is it simply a "bug".

This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH YOUR PRODUCT!  The sequencer is useless until this gets fixed.

What's the point of having midi-in and a sequencer if you can't sync the sequencer to external gear???

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 08:27:13 pm »
I will go on record as saying I've had issues syncing the sequencer to Ableton, pro tools, reaper, a variety of sound cards, etc... Midi syncing analog gear will always have some quirks about it, nothing that can't be fixed in recording, but for live use it's very frustrating.

I have the same issues with my Mg as well...

primvla

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 10:28:37 pm »
A simple retrigger would suffice.

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »
Hi Ben,
Any news on this?

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:11 am »
bump

jooga1972

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 01:07:12 pm »
Oh yes, a fix for this issue would be highly welcome..... and sooner, not later.... I've been struggling with losing clock sync incoming from Reason via a Focusrite Saffire Pro interface. Never happens in the middle of a given song, just out of the blue, all of a sudden, inbetween songs,,.... I'd love to use the MicroBrute to play bass sequences live (debut gig due next week) but with the MIDI-clock problem I have no option other option than record the bass tracks in advance in Reason's sequencer as a backup. I hope this gets sorted out soon because I need the MB's fat and dirty sound and I want to play it live and in sync with my DAW.

fierywater

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 03:58:12 am »
I've been experiencing the same issue with mine using Reaper. Any update? A fix for this would make using my Microbrute a lot nicer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines