March 19, 2024, 04:13:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)  (Read 63644 times)

Boneybone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 03:39:29 am »
I just got myself a MicroBrute and tried to squeeze it in between KP3+, 2xMonotribe, Volca Beats and Juno-Di..

It did not work, sequencer always messing up the BPM.

I've tried via MIDI and CV, I've changed the order of the synchronized units yet nothing works..

I also believe that none of the people posted in this thread found a solution or even a workaround of some sort and there is still no update on this issue.

I honestly do not think that this is "that" much of a problem for Arturia to handle so what the hell is up with that?!

Geez.. Give me something..

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 10:25:35 pm »
+1

Matthew-Landon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »
Hello All
Forgive me if everybody else has fixed their MicroBrute sequencer issues, I still have not and could use some help.
I've got the new software and switched the configuration to Step on = Clk & Sync = Auto, what an I doing wrong??

Was on such a high in anticipation on my MicroBrute, the comedown is harsh, maybe something this small can't be this powerful, I hope I'm wrong.

Boneybone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »
Just for the record, I haven't fixed or find a solution to this problem.

I just don't use the sequencer.. Glad that I went with Micro instead of Mini just because I didn't need another synth with arpeggio and wanted a seqeuncer. Pfft..

Now to me, Micro is just a tiny yet powerful synth without the sequencer.

To be honest, I would have gone with a MiniBrute or Ms-20 Mini if I had known this problem.

What annoys me so much is neither the problem nor the product but the lack of interest on the topic from Arturia team.

Matthew-Landon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:00 pm »
I want to try and load a sequence to see if that makes any difference. What kind of files are they? How do I make one? Could somebody send me one?

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »
Having found a few wee gremlins myself, I thought I'd check this out, latest firmware, and the sequencer syncs well, I slaved it to an Elektron box. Perfect, if you are sloppy with your timing the sequence could be triggered late, but as far I can see the sequencer is fine. Is this not just predictable computer related and user gremlins !?

Boneybone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:14:36 pm »
Having found a few wee gremlins myself, I thought I'd check this out, latest firmware, and the sequencer syncs well, I slaved it to an Elektron box. Perfect, if you are sloppy with your timing the sequence could be triggered late, but as far I can see the sequencer is fine. Is this not just predictable computer related and user gremlins !?

Why would it matter if the operator is sloppy with the timing?

If I sync a couple of Monotribe, KP3, pair of Volca, Juno-Di and a MicroKorg all together with almost any drum machine added to the end, there's no way that someone can go "off-beat" with any of the units unless they deliberately trying to do so.

It's not "oh crap I messed the timing", it's more like correct clock overlaps and makes is go off the beat while you're still being almost dead on with the input.

There's no half-synchronized or partially synchronized synchronization out there. If it's in sync, it is in sync, hence the term in-sync.

What's the purpose of having a step sequencer that can be synced to a master clock but also needs a manual dexterity to operate it so it can be in sync? That sentence even doesn't make any sense and that is the situation here..

Oh, and I don't understand what did you mean by "Is this not just predictable computer related and user gremlins !?" brother. :)

jochiasson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 01:28:42 am »
I got the same problem on the microbrute slaved to a MPC. it can't be that long for Arturia to solve this problem. Even Roland brings more updates for their new Aira series. And for every instruments. A little bit disappointed here.

avantronica

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 02:18:30 pm »

Why would it matter if the operator is sloppy with the timing?

If I sync a couple of Monotribe, KP3, pair of Volca, Juno-Di and a MicroKorg all together with almost any drum machine added to the end, there's no way that someone can go "off-beat" with any of the units unless they deliberately trying to do so.

It's not "oh crap I messed the timing", it's more like correct clock overlaps and makes is go off the beat while you're still being almost dead on with the input.

There's no half-synchronized or partially synchronized synchronization out there. If it's in sync, it is in sync, hence the term in-sync.

What's the purpose of having a step sequencer that can be synced to a master clock but also needs a manual dexterity to operate it so it can be in sync? That sentence even doesn't make any sense and that is the situation here..

Oh, and I don't understand what did you mean by "Is this not just predictable computer related and user gremlins !?" brother. :)

What, exactly, do you guys think is wrong, I'm not even sure what bruno has supposedly acknowledged as a bug ? ! ?
From my tests, the mb holds sync rate perfectly, you just have to hit the key at the right time, if you are late, the sequencer will be late. Easy !
If your sequencer sends the correct stop and start messages (IN THE CORRECT MANNER), then the micro will play ball, perfectly.

So, testing with Elektron and Roland boxes, the microbrute starts properly after it has received a MIDI stop message when you then send a properly scheduled Start message (when you hit play)
After that point, if you manually restart the sequencer using the keys, it'll be okay if your timing is good or early/late if you are

Are you asking arturia to implement coarser quantisation on the seq retrigger key input so it accounts for a running count of the 24ppqn clock since the start ?!? Otherwise there's nothing in the spec that i can see it is not obeying properly.
My gripe is that the phase of the sequence is not corrected when the synced rate is adjusted, i.e. even if you start perfectly in sync (on the 1s) and you then double or half the temp, the 1s will go adrift, this should be accounted for either with extra notes/blanks to ensure that the adjusted rate 1 also happens on the 1 prior to changing the synced rate.

Can someone point to a video showing their problem because i just don't get it with the rock-solid gear i'm using, even though i'm also able to *manually* trigger late/early etc
Sounds like an expectation issue although the seq retriggering could probably be more forgiving

It's odd that there's a lot of hot and bothered voices on this thread but hardly any on the clearly wrong LFO phase issues, or even the fact that the sequencer plays seq 1 irrespective of the knob position at boot up, or indeed the horrible glitching of mod wheel lfo amount whilst synced, these are clearly 'bugs' !

steun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »
The Microbrute does not respond to start/stop messages from my Roland MC505.
The Microbrute DOES respond correctly to the start of my TR-8 and TB-3!
The weird thing is that the TB-3 also responds to the start of the MC505.

Right now I use the MC505 as master clock because I had to return my TR-8 for repairs.

The Microbrute is set to 'hold' in the connection software, so it's continuously playing the patterns. When I push play on the MC505 the pattern does not reset to step 1, so the microbrute and MC505 are out of sync.

I can very easily sync it up by timing when I put the sequencer switch to 'ON'.

I have no issues getting things synced up.

nashspacerocket

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 06:03:18 pm »
i wish it responded to start/stop from my gear.
my roland r8 is my master clock, but if a midi cable is connected to the MB then  the sequence starts as soon as the MB is switched to play whther the r8 is playing or not (or note on). my korg volca bass responds to start/stop from the r8 and is rock solid, why can't the MB?
very awkward trying to set the start point manually.

primvla

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 01:20:09 pm »
"After that point, if you manually restart the sequencer using the keys, it'll be okay if your timing is good or early/late if you are"

Well, my MB doesn't retrigger the sequencer's phase using the keys (nor does the play stop toggle switch). It stays on the same "phase" as it was on the time the MB was switched on (the red LED is blinking in the same time cycle no matter what key/knob I press/switch on MB). So the only control over the midi clock phase I've got is the ON/OFF switch on the back (but that's too lame to use in live situations). I have no issues with the BPM (tempo), it doesn't drift away and it updates nicely to the master clock.

This makes the MIDI sync almost useless to me. So i use the foolproof gate sync instead (which is limiting the envelope to sustain/release if your source is a tick from eg. monotribe even on gate=LONG setting which I suspect it stands for gate out...). This is the only midi gear in my setup behaving this way...

cheers!
p.

janglesoul

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:46 pm »
The off beat sync is now referenced as bug for us.

Highvoltage
The problem you have is linked with the latency of your sound card i guess ?
Try increase or decrease buffer length.

Hi,
This was in April 1014. Has there been any Firmware update or instruction on how to solve the problem? I've just started out with the MicroBrute and seem to have the same problem. When receiving external Midi-clock the step sequencer on the Microbrute starts playing on the offbeat, and no matter how well I try to time it I can't get it to play in time with my prerecorded tracks.

Any direction to where I can find more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well, I don't know, MIDI-syncing seems to be tricky business - but for now it works. I'll have to experiment more to see if I understand why it all came offbeat the other day.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:58:52 pm by janglesoul »

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 11:18:43 pm »
bump

FatBob

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 12:53:08 am »
Any progress on this?

Anyone...?