March 19, 2024, 03:14:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute malfunction statistics: share your user experience  (Read 16507 times)

graigbadger@yahoo.com

Re: MicroBrute malfunction statistics: share your user experience
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »
after 6 months or so mine stopped working.   when i press a key the green light lights up as if the sound is being made, but no sound output. (tried headphones,speakers, and my daw) nothing....the only sound i can get out of it is if i turn the unit off, hold down a key and then turn it on, and then it only lasts for one second before fading out.

i took it up with support who told me to update the firmware, which i did, but didn't fix the problem. and support has not responded to my last 3 emails (spaced out every couple weeks!)

I've been trying for months now, and on my las email i explained how my Microbrute is still under warranty and would like a new one if the issue isn;t resolved...well...the next time i logged in to MyArturia my Microbrute was no longer registered!!! under MyProducts it now says "no products registered yet" ..WHAT THE FVCK!!!!!!  I had registered and activated my microbrute shortly after receiving it...AND i had to REFERENCE the registered product (in a dropdown box) in my initial claim with support... so i go to try and register it again to see what happens and it says  "This licence has already been registered, see your 'My Arturia' page for the current activation code" ...but the registered Microbrute doesn't show up anywhere in my account.

??? >:( ??? >:( :o

RLK

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 04:48:41 pm »
Mine has been repaired twice :  the first time I lost all sound (no notes no keys)...just a clicking that changed in accordance with the sequencer tempo.
lfo, filter and env all worked fine...

second time almost the same problem, had sound but no notes from keys and no octaves; I just got back a replacement and it presents the same problem.

I'm experiencing that problem right now! Just filter/envelope/sequence hisses and clicks.

losscom

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:15 pm »
I just bought my Microbrute yesterday, and this thread is making me nervous!

No big issues OTB, except that my Decay slider is a little finicky at the lower extreme. Maybe i'll wait a month or two to see if it starts falling apart before considering a return/repair...

BUT other than that, I friggin love the sound, so...

nickpancake

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 05:21:13 pm »
I am on my third Microbrute. :(
The first one I had for a year and had loud hissing and made worse with the master volume use. Sent it back to sweetwater and when I got the second one back I noticed immediately there was no legato when playing notes up the keyboard. The note would just cut off. It was fine going down though. . .Sent it back right away and now I am on my third.
And now I am having problems with the lfo going all glitchy and out of sync. Uggg this is a nightmare.

The microbrute sounds awesome and is perfect for what I need. .but  I don't find these stable at all and am thinking of going for a bass station or mopho if (when) this dies and it is out of warranty.

Marcel_mendes

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 08:45:36 pm »
It must be a record, since my microbrute had just stand for 5 minutes (!!!!!), what should i do now since i dont have arturia support on my country? Cry??? UNBELIEVABLE!!! I turned it on, waited for it for 5 minutes, turned the decay up and its dead!!!!!

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:53 am »
I have just binned my second micro brute :-[. 1st one, after 6 months the pitch drifted wildly (octaves!!) i made a video and sent it to Arturia who after sending me some tuning instructions agreed that it was broken beyond simple tuning instructions. I sent it back and it took about 2 months to get a replacement. It was great of Arturia to come to the the conclusion that the best thing to do was swap it...2nd one now takes up to 50 flicks of the switch to get it to turn on....! Power is getting through as the CV out was making the Mutable Instruments Warps connected to the LFO out change state. But no lights, No sound....i changed the power supply, Arturia sent me a replacement switch and Arturia Key Ring...Which was helpful...Swapped out the switch, No different...
Its Now out of warranty Arturias recommendation is that i replace the main board at my own cost for international shipping and parts....With no guarantee that it will fix the issue...? Sounds Awesome Guys!!!! given that im on my second unit in 4 years I dont have any faith in the build or quality of the components, and im not sure how long it will be until something else fails given the list of various problems im reading about. So I have junked it...I have synths that are 30 years old and have ZERO problem doing what it says on the box everyday...I would rather save my money to have my TX81Z or Moog Sub 37 serviced when it comes time, at least i know that if i spend coin on them they will still be serving my needs in 10 years...cant say that for the Micro. No faith at all in these units. Not spending another cent keeping this this working....At the moment i have a $400.00 paper weight and i  keep the Arturia Key Ring on my keys to remind me to make better choices.   :'( 

Adam Jones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 02:34:26 am »
Eating My Hat...
A few weeks ago... i threw out my second micro brute (literally in the bin with cabbage and banana peels stuck on the box!) and let Arturia know of my disappointment with their brand...  On the morning of Bin collection i received an email from Arturia letting me know that they were shipping new boards to me so i could replace the guts of the microbrute entirely!!! FOC and years out of warranty... the boards arrived and after swapping them out my brute now functions as it should....As you can see from my previous post i had lost all faith in the brand and the quality of service. But now i must say that Arturia have come through, I went from feeling abandoned and ripped off to feeling a restored faith in the Brand and an assurance that they are interested in rectification and solution based support. So as much i was willing to share a bad story i must now eat my words and share a good story...the technical team were great and made me understand why they are called "support" they were not obligated to do anything as the unit was 4 years old and out of warranty but did everything to help restoring my faith completely. Thanks guys... ;D 

retropublik

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 02:06:14 pm »
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead - is the crackling/noisy volume pot thing a known bug? It's been mentioned a few time and now mines just started doing it last night after getting switched on for the first time in a few weeks.

Did anyone who has had it get it fixed?

Testoh Toby

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 09:07:04 am »
This bug is due to the degradation or dust inside the volume pot (and the filter's env amt too) I think some contact cleaner would do the work or otherwise just mail Arturia directly. If this bug makes you mad I think it's 90€ for a new soundboard

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines