Recently purchased a used like-new Microbrute SE. Supposedly in top condition, and worked first time out of the box. Since then however, I have had little luck with it. Now I turn it on, let it warm up per the manual, and it remains dead.
What I've tried:
- Making sure there is a wave form turned up.
- Running connection software on Mac (so no Win 8.1 issues)
- Updated firmware.
- Set to Clock instead of Gate. I do NOT want to have to do this every time I use the thing. But in any case, this doesn't appear to always fix the problem.
The forums have been pretty much useless so far. Some of them refer to a "firmware restoration tech note" of some sort in PDF format, but there is no such file on Arturia's site.
An instrument is useless if you have to repair it before each use. If I find no solid fix for this I guess it goes in the junk pile for a hack, or I can try to sell it, but now I am basically screwed because I can't guarantee it will work.