March 19, 2024, 11:26:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware update anytime soon?  (Read 8783 times)

fernandolins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Firmware update anytime soon?
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »
I've had my Minibrute for almost a year and all it got was the 1.0.2 update on the PC software.
Still, as you can see in this forum, there are plenty of features and issues that users would like to be implemented or resolved, but it just looks like Arturia "fixed" those things on MicroBrute and decided to leave MiniBrute with no support whatsoever.

I believe Arturia must be busy trying to fix the issues with the currently shipping MiniBrutes that come with broken keys and whatnot; my unit functions just fine and I get what I want from it, but it is very sad to get this lack of support and updates in a product that is still new, no matter if it's got a younger and cooler brother or not.

Maybe that would be my solution? Sell my MiniBrute and import a MicroBrute? It'd be sad to do so for such a reason...

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Firmware update anytime soon?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:07:16 am »
all i have wanted for over a year is local off....

:(

waveselector

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 04:31:12 pm »
Maybe the problem is that you made a purchase based on what you hoped it could do in the future and not what it currently does now?

My Minibrute works today as it did the day I bought it - exactly as advertised.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:22:00 am »
Maybe the problem is that you made a purchase based on what you hoped it could do in the future and not what it currently does now?

being mad about a missing feature (well not even feature...more like a MIDI standard) does not mean one can't enjoy the other elements of it...

but anyway your argument is flawed. here is something that is under "Details" for arturia minibrute on the official site:

"MIDI In/Out : Sequence MiniBrute from your computer’s MIDI interface and DAW, or any other MIDI-Out enabled gear you have. Alternatively use MiniBrute as a master keyboard for your DAW or other MIDI-enabled equipment."

I don't know about you, but if you are going to call something a "master keyboard" then that implies local off...at least anyone who uses synths in an integrated setup would think so. MIDI Out is not fully implemented yet because of this, and it's a shame because it could be the perfect live companion if it had local off.

fernandolins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »

As I said in my original post, it does everything I expected it to do, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. There are lots of requests from the community and there are plenty known bugs. A firmware update could improve it and would also make a statement that we're not using a product that gets no support.

waveselector

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:09 am »
Hahah - I get 'negative karma' over this? You guys are on top of internet cred.  :P

fernandolins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:17 am »
And now to prove my point, MiniBrute SE has been announced, with all the features we wanted on the original hardware. Nice one, Arturia. That's how you support the community! :-S *bitter*

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »
Sold my mini because of the local off and the terrible attitude and broken promises from Bruno.

Saw the new SE model on Matrixsynth and figured they must have put out a firmware update too, but no! I can't believe just how bad Arturia have screwed the pooch with this.

bartleby

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:19 pm »
there is bound to be a fw update for the mb which will add the mb se's sequencing features.
it seems obvious that the hardware is the same, so the mb se fw will run on any mb.
and it would be madness not to release that fw for all mb users.
they would loose every single mb user as customers for any future products. i don't think they are that stupid. it just seems that the timing is a bit awkward. maybe the fw isn't finalized yet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:52:45 pm by bartleby »

Maido

• Personal website
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:09:47 pm »
it would be madness not to release that fw for all mb users.
they would loose every single mb user as customers for any future products. i don't think they are that stupid. it just seems that the timing is a bit awkward. maybe the fw isn't finalized yet.

You know, you pretty much summarized my exact thoughts on this.
Let's see how this pans out, I admit, when I read the newsletter, I was pretty pissed. I felt the same when they released the micro with the step sequencer, even though i seem to remember they DID mention a future FW upgrade for the Mini to add it as well. I think (and hope) this is overall a huge marketing fuck-up (the SE announcement should've been done AFTER the firmware upgrade), but nothing more.

bartleby

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:49 am »
yeah, i think the cleverer thing to do would have been to go out and say something like:

"one of the things minibrute users have been requesting most urgently is a better sequencer. we think that's a great idea, and we've been working hard on a new firmware version to implement it. to say thank you and to celebrate the release of that new firmware version, we will also release a new, limited edition minibrute se."

that way they could have restored a lot of credibility with their customer base - and certainly wouldn't have sold fewer mbse. to do it the other way round and announce the mbse before the fw update seems just terribly awkward. unfortunatley, they seem to be quite determined to go that way and, for the time being at least, market mb and mbse as two completey separate products:

The analog path is definitely identical, for the rest I am not able to announce any future sequencing capability for the original MiniBrute or arp capability for the SE, sorry.
Those are two -slightly- different beasts !
(from this thread)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:34:49 am by bartleby »

kickprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 05:37:27 am »
We can all only hope but I can say from my experience with mini brute Arturia has sold me on Dave Smith and Mg .. sorry . Not for nothing but mini brute trade in at Guitar Center on a good day might be about 125 / 150 . I don't think it was asking to much to see a small software update over the course of a year. For me I like the mini brute and it's fun but when I'm serious I immediately switch on my slim phatty . I also just read up on the roland system 1 not analog but damn cool .

good luck peeps

jerome

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 07:10:10 pm »
Oh my God update 1.0.3 finally arrived.
It says :

* Arturia MiniBrute Firmware Update V1.0.3   *
* April 2014                                 *

FIXED:
------
116314: Can not Start on MacOSX with a guest account
114150: changing Midi In channel fixed
114304: compatibility with Ipad
114317: Arpeggiator does not retrig LFO in LFO retrig mode
115427: crash when long sysex are received

CHANGED:
--------
Compatibility with MiniBruteSE.
114256: Local ON/OFF supported.
116227: added octave -3 setting (by pressing octave - one more time).
116249: Tap tempo detection enhanced.
Added CC support for MiniBrute Connection parameters (see user manual).

Uncorrected Known Issues:
-------------------------

How can I change Local On / Off though ? I've been waiting for that for so long.
So, thanks.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 10:09:57 pm »
wow awesome. thanks for posting it. i think i read that the plan was to send info to it via midi cc. totally annoying and borderline useless but i guess not so bad. you would have to send it to midi cc 122

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 01:37:20 am »
FINALLY.

Appears the manual's not yet updated though.

and octave -3, what? 
Octave -3 + suboscillator -2 octaves + pitchbend an octave down, that's like 2Hz...    ::)  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines