March 28, 2024, 02:26:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Laboratory MIDI Controller NOT Recognized by Analog Experience OR V-Collection 3  (Read 2945 times)

Bruin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My Analog Experience Laboratory 61 MIDI controller is not recognized/detected by its software, or any of the V-Collection 3.0 instruments I recently purchased. When I click on the keyboards' notes in my MacBook Pro with my cursor, I hear the sounds perfectly fine. But, I can't figure out how to activate the sounds with my Laboratory 61 MIDI controller. Is this a settings or update issue?

I also have questions about the updates on Arturia's website. Say there are multiple updates for Analog Laboratory, which there are. Do I have to update one by one, starting from the oldest update software and make my way up to the most recent update, in that order? Or, just update to the most recent update version? There are also updates for all of the synths in V-Collection 3.0, so if I have to update all of those as well, my updating is going to take me a good chunk of time.

FYI, I am running Mavericks OS X 10.9.1.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bruin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SIMPLE FIX!

Not all, but most of the instruments in V-Collection 3.0 have a tab at the top-left-hand corner of the screen labeled "SETTINGS."

Click on SETTINGS --> click on "The Laboratory" in the box labeled "Active MIDI Inputs," and voila!

For the Wurlitzer V AND Oberheim SEM V, you have to click on the top-left-hand tab "Wurlitzer V" or "Oberheim SEM V" -->  "Preferences" --> click on "The Laboratory" in the box labeled "MIDI Devices," then you're good to go.

Hope this helps some of you folks.

BUT, I STILL HAVE THE QUESTION ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL UPDATES TO ANALOG EXPERIENCE, LABORATORY, AND EACH OF THE SYNTHESIZERS CONTAINED IN V-COLLECTION 3.0.

DO YOU HAVE TO UPDATE STARTING FROM THE OLDEST UPDATE THROUGH THE MOST RECENT UPDATES?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT/HELP!

jazzboxmaker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Vinny Colletti Custom Stringed Instruments
As far as I can see, the patches are not incremental.Just install the latest patch- it's all I do and all is well. I think the older versions are left on so you can roll back if there's an issue with the latest.
Vinny
The Laboratory 49 key, Analog Laboratory 1.5.2
Samplitude ProX-

Studio DAW: Win 8x64 /MB GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 / Core 2 Quad Q8400 /8GB Ram/  Focusrite Saffire Pro Liquid 56, Focusrite Octopre Dynamic

Remote DAW: 17" Macbook Pro Bootcamp W8x64, I7 2.4, 8GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24DSP

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines