April 25, 2024, 07:03:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I can't believe that create a soft librarian is not possible .......  (Read 2331 times)

Maxidingue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi to all,
As i said in the title, i can't believe that it is not possible to create a software to manage and save preset for my amazing microbrute ??? ::) ???
I own a korg Volca Key with only a MIDI in connection, a guy create an software editor with some preset :P
I also own a Mg Minitaur. As you know there is no preset in the Minitaur but Mg create an editor librarian software to manage preset thru the USB connection

Please explain

Many thanks

Sincerely yours
Maxidingue

illintechnology

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • JonnyX and the Groadies web-blag
Re: I can't believe that create a soft librarian is not possible .......
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:34:25 am »
To be able to make/edit presets on the Microbrute, all editable parameters would have to have digital control.  Doing so would most likely add a considerable amount of cost in R&D and manufacturing that would then have to be passed down to the consumer.  They could've done it and charged more for the Microbrute, or, stripped a lot of the current Microbrute functionality to add presets/editing via USB without increasing the retail price. 
-illintechnology

JX:ATG
groadudes.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/groadies
@jx_atg

Computer Controlled

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Facebook Place
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:13:20 am »
Stay away from vintage analog  :o
Stuff: SH-101 . aJuno-1/PG-300 . TB-3 . TR-8 . TT-303 . Korg ES2 . SQ-1 . BeatStep Pro . MSQ-100

mckenic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:33 pm »
Sorry to poke in - but for me the fun is taking a picture of the front panel settings when I have a patch I like.... and then moving on to creating something new. When I want to go back - I might not get the settings exactly right and... a whole new, fun patch!

This could be TOTALLY wrong (I have the flu) but - The only way I can think of adding presets would be to 'scan' or 'poll' the knob positions a number of times a second - which would require a micro-controller. On top of everything else (size, cost, development time) you would then be locked-in to the resolution of the steps the chip could handle - and I believe that is why many synths have this 'stepping' when you sweep the filter.

I prefer to use my iPad and snap a pic of the knobs as a way of using pre-sets - you are always open to happy accidents  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines