March 19, 2024, 10:41:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bootloader mode detected!!!  (Read 13670 times)

Mickmike

Bootloader mode detected!!!
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
I’m trying to update my microbrute to see if it loses the bugs it seems to have. Problem is, after I’ve updated from midi control centre, it says reboot brute then only press ok. I do this and on mac it says - bootloader mode detected, please update firmware. So I update firmware, and same thing happens!!!!. Driving me nuts. If I can’t sort I’ll look at the Monologue. Please help!

stripe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Bootloader mode detected!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:03:35 am »
It's a crazy instruction, and goes to show you how shoddy the programming must be if they can't even write a dialogue box in plain English.
I assume you turn off, then on the micro, then press ok?
My best idea is to use a WIN PC to do the update, borrow someone else's if you have to. This could just be a Mac bug, or just something about your particular Mac.

aneemoo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:44:22 am »
Did you solve the problem?
I have same thing with my Arturia MiniLab mk II and I don't get how can I manage this :(((

lindenpvander@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 02:04:12 pm »
hi,
i just had the same message. had some starting up issues, new to macbook and mb, i started with firmware 1.0.0.0, downloaded latest firmware version 1.0.4.114 , got it updated to 1.0.4.0 with still message 1.0.4.114 available, plus the bootloader messages.
trying to figure this out too.
best regards
Paul

p.hargon@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 05:08:29 am »
Hello, all--

Did anyone ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem. I came across a few threads that seemed relevant, but I keep getting errors trying to upgrade the firmware. Right now, I cannot get my KeyLab out of update mode (the "sound" "multi" and "edit" buttons are lit) and it is nonfunctional.

Here are the errors I'm getting. When I plug the Keylab in, I get an error that says, "Bootloader mode detected. Device currently in bootloader mode. Please update firmware." When I click "OK," it takes me to a blank screen in the Midi Center software. On the screen it says, "Firmware Revision: unknown." When I click the "unknown" button, I get an error that says, "Could not get firmware revision." 

This thread is referenced elsewhere as potentially solving the issue: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=82040.msg110221#msg110221 (Note that it is a thread about the Arturia Beatstep). It did not work for me.

The only thing advised on that thread that I haven't tried yet is trying to upgrade firmware from another computer. I don't have time to deal with it currently. If am able to get it to work using that method, I will post here again.

Thanks,
Patrick

hmoslo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »
I see the same on my BeatStep Pro  :(

DWCastillo

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 08:47:03 pm »
I have been getting the same bootloader message, as well as the "Firmware Update Error" / "The device is not recognized" screens when trying to update my Keystep.

Nothing in the Arturia FAQ was helpful, but I was finally able to successfully update the firmware after synchronizing the device, so I would try that first.

WattBrear

• WattBrearS
Bootloader mode detected
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »
I can not recollect, where I about it read.

Fixed

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 05:39:03 am »
Had the same issue where I was getting "bootloader mode" with a Keylab 25.
I kept updating, and it wasn't accepting.

I did the holding "Sound, multi, edit" restart.
Also the "Octave <>"
And the "Stop, play, Rec" holding down while powering.
It didn't work.
I opened up the bottom of the player, and the ribbon cable was detached.
I reattached the ribbon cable. And reset again.
The screen finally got characters instead of a blank filled screen.
It accepted the firmware update again.
Ran the factory reset while holding "Octave <>" and cycled power.
It worked.
It kept saying "Bootloader mode" because the cable inside was not attached properly.

Stef Palm

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 03:58:39 am »
this happened to me recently. what i did was go MANUALLY download the 1.3.1 firmware directly from the site.

Before I did this, it would try to upgrade but fail, endlessly. It prompts you to "upgrade" and you can then choose your manually downloaded firmware. This failed a couple times. It kept disconnecting at 10%, !4%, 20%, etc and maybe this is superstitious,  but on my successful attempt I also held down both octave up and down keys.

it's fixed, regardless. whoosh. thought i bricked my keystep!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines