March 28, 2024, 08:57:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MINILAB WORKING IN ABLETON 9!!!  (Read 11188 times)

hermitical

MINILAB WORKING IN ABLETON 9!!!
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:12:13 pm »
I have experienced most of the problems described here in the forrum and i finally got everything to wortk PERFECTLY! Hope this helps  ;)
It is easy!
Here´s what you have to do:

1: Go to the download page of the minilab: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/MiniLab/resources.html
2: Download the 4 files into a folder:   a)  Unified Midi Control Center Update  - This is The Midi Control Center  ( http://www.arturia.com/downloads/mccu/MIDI_Control_Center_Installer_1.0.exe )
                                                             b) Midi Control Center Update - This is the firmware ( http://www.arturia.net/downloads/minilab/MiniLab_firmware_Update_2.1.0.2.zip )  (AND UNPACK ARCHIVE!)
                                                             c) Analog Lab Update - This is the Analog Lab Program ( http://www.arturia.com/downloads/AnalogLab/version/Analog_Lab_1.0.5.exe )
                                                             d) Other Update - This is the Ableton script! ( http://www.arturia.net/downloads/minilab/Script_for_Ableton_Live_on_firmware_Version_2_1_0_1.zip (AND UNPACK ARCHIVE!)
3: Go to the following location on your windows 7 pc:    C:\Users\(yourpcname)\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts\
           AND CREATE THERE THE FOLDER:  ¨Arturia MiniLab¨ !!!! - exactly like that!
4: GO where you downloaded the 4 files and go inside the ¨Script_for_Ableton_Live_on_firmware_Version_2_1_0_1¨ folder and copy the configuration file ¨User Configuration¨ and PASTE IT IN the folder that you created  ¨Arturia MiniLab¨ in the  ¨C:\Users\(yourpcname)\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 9.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts\ ¨ location
5: INSTALL THE SOFTWARE from the files you downloaded ¨Analog_Lab_1.0.5.exe¨ - install in the default location c\program files....  and the vst´s in your vst folder  ( create 2 folders inside your vst folder i created the first one ¨ARTURIA¨ and the second ¨MINILAB¨ you can change the names... and install the  there the 2 vst files, one 32 and one 64....)
6: INSTALL THE MIDI CONTROL CENTER ¨MIDI_Control_Center_Installer_1.0¨ from the 4 files you downloaded earlier.
7: RUN THE MIDI CONTROL CENTER - AND GO UP IN THE MENU TO: ¨DEVICE¨ AND SELLECT ¨FIRMWARE UPGRADE¨ !! - then browse to the folder of files you downloaded and sellect the ¨MiniLab_firmware_Update_2.1.0.2¨ !!! - follow the instructions.. you will have to remove the usb cable and reinsert it while holding down the ¨shift¨ key on the minilab.. i meesed up the first time but you can redoit no problem i got it right the second..
THIS IS IT!!! NOW ABLETON WILL RECOGNIZE MINILAB  GOOD LUCK!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:23:33 pm by hermitical »

MAMBISA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MINILAB WORKING IN ABLETON 9!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:24:51 am »
Hey  :) I'm glad it's working  "perfectly" for you! Can you specify what you mean by that? I've gotten AL9 to recognize the MiniLab just fine, but it doesn't man it's not glitchy as heck. Are your knob encoders working smoothly and in real-time or are they jumping around?

(I'm going to copy-and-paste from a petition another user generated to Arturia.)

- Knob encoders #1-16 (If this is a major hardware issue then the consumer has every right to know, so stop beating around the bush)

- MiniLab suffers the most out of all the products and seriously needs to be fixed.

- Analog Lab crashing issues on a multitude of production software

- Volume knob issue in Logic

- The DANG unstable ENCODERS: The behavior is literally in such a manner that when I turn the knob rapidly left and go to make a change to the right the virtual knob still continues to go left, same with the opposite side.  I turn right and go to make a left it continues going to the right etc. (Yes, I know I repeated myself :D )

- Customer Service (Seriously)

- Certain times during playing, a key just wont play a note or cut out prematurely. (Sometimes this happens, regardless if an audio interface is connected and ASIO enabled or disabled)

- Random burps and halts within syncing.

- Analog Lab within Ableton Live just decides to stop functioning, on the upside other VST's still function.

- The drivers and certain aspects/behaviors of the software need to be rewritten.  A suggestion would be to hire more experts to troubleshoot this issue. (Preferably a few Russians and I'm sure you'll be good lol)

- An automated process that installs the scripts for Ableton Live for people who are not tech savy. (This was not the case for me but specifically for people who won't know how to even enable the hidden folders)

MAMBISA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »
BUMP :D

still having issues...

Kiuas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »
Unreal! That really works!

I think that I was missing "minilab" folder that had to be created in live´s scrips folder...

Hi5!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines