March 28, 2024, 11:24:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: microbrute firmware issue  (Read 10356 times)

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
microbrute firmware issue
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:48 pm »
I recently tried to update the firmware on my microbrute, but was unsuccessful. I followed the directions in the pdf that was attached with the connection software, but when it got to the "downloading updates" screen it just idled forever. Now after forcing the program closed and unplugging the synth from the usb, the microbrute appears to be frozen. Am I screwed? Has anyone else encountered this issue before?  HELP!!!!

coffeecup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: microbrute firmware issue
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:26:33 pm »
I'm also having this problem. Also when trying to save my sequences, the software just crashes.

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:06:50 am »
is there any way to do a factory reset? I've looked everywhere I can think of online and have found nothing.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:21:58 am »
Be sure, no other software are using the Midi driver, disconnect every other USB devices, be sure MicroBrute is not used with Midi but USB only.
Now use the PDF file included to properly update the Firmware (by pressing octave +- at startup).

What are your platforms by the way?

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:39:52 am »
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:22 am »
I did all of the steps you told me, and in the pdf attachment, but it simply won't load the firmware. Now when I turn on the synth all of the octave light are on, and there's a weird low drone. The filter and envelope seem to be responsive, and the oscillator volumes work.  The individual parameter knobs for the oscillators are kind of responsive but not in any way that make sense. The keyboard is also not responsive.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 10:10:17 am »
I did all of the steps you told me, and in the pdf attachment, but it simply won't load the firmware

do you have an error message? what exactly appends?

Now when I turn on the synth all of the octave light are on, and there's a weird low drone.
This is the bootloader mode, the machine is waiting for firmware.
When connected on USB, does the Windows Device manger properly see it as "Updater" (in audio devices list )?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

mperkins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:11:27 pm »
I checked the devices and noticed that I had Bomes' Virtual Midi port running.  I had completely forgotten about it from when I downloaded it from about a year ago. after researching how to uninstall and remove it from my devices list I ran the firmware and it started right up.  Thank you so much Bruno for all of your help! If you're ever in Chicago look me up. I owe you a steak dinner. Cheers!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:17:32 am »
If you're ever in Chicago look me up. I owe you a steak dinner.
i'll do it for sure! thanks a lot :)
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

tattoogeek

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 07:10:06 am »
I am having the same problem as above, however even after disabling all other MIDI devices I see no updater listed.  after the disable the firmware update stopped hanging, but I still get to the screen where it gives me three options that might have caused my issue and ask me if i want to retry or not..this is my loop

TIA

***UPDATE***

SO a little rest and a reboot and noew the microbrute is working agin, but now when i try to connect with the Software i get this error - "unable to connect with MicroBrute...closing connection!"

***NEW UPDATE***

Back to square one...all octave light are lit, stay lit...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:35:21 am by tattoogeek »

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:01 am »
1/press and hold both octave switches, then power on the machine. the 5 LEDS should be on.
2/ connect USB cable to PC:
go to device manager and check for for device named "Updater", in audio devices.

3/ make sure no other USB and /or midi devices are connected, check for virtual Midi drivers and audio software.

4/ start Connection software, ignore error message, go to firmware tab press update.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

tattoogeek

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:16 pm »
Thax Bruno..problem seems fixed...lets hope nothing new arises..I LOVE THIS SYNTH!!!

:) ;D :P 8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines