March 28, 2024, 11:01:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I connect the Microbrute to Ableton Live  (Read 34541 times)

clexxx

How do I connect the Microbrute to Ableton Live
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »
Hello,

I just got my microbrute yesterday but I seem to have problems with the connection of the microbrute and ableton live.
I plugged in the usb cable in the microbrute and into my mac. I have installed "Microbrute Connection" and Ableton recognizes it too but only as midi-keyboard and not as external instrument. I just can't figure it out to get a tone out of there. Please help me

Thanks
Clexxx

robpiya

Re: How do I connect the Microbrute to Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:32:20 am »
Clexxx - Connecting the usb cable will only send/receive midi signals. You will have to hook up the master out from the Microbrute to an audio input of a sound card and configure it on Ableton Live via the "external instrument" option in the instruments section. Here is an article (three pages) that explains the process in detail.
<http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/use-hardware-synths-like-soft-synths-in-ableton-live/151430>
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:35:54 am by robpiya »

clexxx

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »
mhm thanks for the reply. sounds plausible.

i got a scarlett 2i2. what kind of cable do i need to get it working. i dont have a clue :( please help

robpiya

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:20:04 am »
take an instrument cable (guitar cable) from master out of microbrute and connect it into one of the two inputs on the front panel of the scarlet 2i2 (make sure the switch on the input is on "Inst")... you should get an audio signal in ableton live in either channel 1 or 2 depending on which port you've connected the cable on the scarlet (make sure to enable both channels 1 and 2 on the audio tab in preferences in ableton live)... good to go!

you had mentioned you were able to get midi signals to and from the microbrute (so I'm assuming you've set the the midi/sync correctly in ableton live preferences) ... you should now have audio as well (insert any audio track on ableton and configure the I/O options to check)... now drag an external instrument (from the "instruments" tab)... set the "midi to" to microbrute and "audio from" to which ever channel you've connected the brute to (usually a green audio signal will flash on the channel when receiving a signal)... now you should be able to send midi to the brute from ableton and receive audio from the brute.
please refer to the link i previously posted for a more detailed walkthrough... hope this helps
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:24:00 am by robpiya »

luct.melod

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:56 am »
Could you please go over the correct midi/sync preferences in Ableton? After connecting via USB, I have options for the Microbrute and Microbrute 2 (?) as both input and output devices. Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines